Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window Tint
Barneyridge

Window Tint

Just got the fronts tinted today. I got a local mobile guy to come to the office. Took abou 40mins.

Before you ask, they are a little darker than the darkest legal. Wink

I will interested to see what they look like in the sun with the pan roof. Here is some pics.

[Image: Picture218.jpg]

[Image: Picture219.jpg]

PM if you want details of the guy that did mine.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
06-02-2012 01:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bretto

RE: Window Tint

Looks great!

Pure, SD4, Fuji, Pano, Tech Pack, Nav, Clear View Pack, Rear Camera
06-02-2012 01:53am
andrewcui

(06-02-2012 01:50am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Just got the fronts tinted today. I got a local mobile guy to come to the office. Took abou 40mins.

Before you ask, they are a little darker than the darkest legal. Wink

I will interested to see what they look like in the sun with the pan roof. Here is some pics.

[Image: Picture218.jpg]

[Image: Picture219.jpg]

PM if you want details of the guy that did mine.

Do you have privacy glass? If so, how does the tint look compared to the privacy glass?

I have ordered privacy glass... still unsure if i will the fronts tinted.

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
06-02-2012 02:52am
Barneyridge

Yes I do have privacy glass. The darkest legal tint will not match the privacy glass and the front windows will be a lighter shade. I got darker than legal to match the privacy glass as best we could.

here is a link to my post when I first got the car, before the fronts were tinted.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Australian-TD4-Pure

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
06-02-2012 02:57am
gead

looks good.

It's always tough to get a match with privacy glass. I didn't go with the privacy glass, but got all the windows tinted last Friday. The tinter said that the evoque has a slight tint to the glass already, which makes the 'darkest legal tint' technically illegal...$345 all done.

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
06-02-2012 03:18am
chiggy

that looks very very nice!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
06-02-2012 03:22am
Aussievoque

(06-02-2012 01:50am)Barneyridge Wrote:  I will interested to see what they look like in the sun with the pan roof. Here is some pics.

I have tinted windows with the panoramic roof and they look just as dark (from the outside of course) with the roof open or closed. It doesn't seem to make any difference, I just assumed that that with the roof shade open they wouldn't look as dark but happily I was wrong. Not sure of the reason behind this tho....

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
06-02-2012 04:01am
MPK

Very nice......

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
06-02-2012 04:18am
spif888

(06-02-2012 03:18am)gead Wrote:  looks good.

It's always tough to get a match with privacy glass. I didn't go with the privacy glass, but got all the windows tinted last Friday. The tinter said that the evoque has a slight tint to the glass already, which makes the 'darkest legal tint' technically illegal...$345 all done.

Hi Gead

Did you get your tinting done by an independent tinter or one of the national franchise operators?

I am up in Brisbane and I am unsure who to use. If there are any suggestions/recommendation, let me know.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
06-02-2012 05:17am
Millotte

Looks great barneyridge, nice and clean too. A hard thing to keep up in Sydney's crappy weather the last few weeks!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
06-02-2012 05:59am