Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window Tint
TiTan

RE: Window Tint

....aaaaand that's me ordered Very Happy

I blame you Barney - that photo tipped me over the edge into getting one Laughing
01-03-2012 07:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Congrats mate, what spec did you get.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-03-2012 08:04am
TiTan

Thanks mate - white TD4, style 5 wheels, pano roof, tech pack and a couple of other options.

May build (the month, not they "may" build it) with a July/Aug delivery - which is going to feel like ages, but oh well.
01-03-2012 09:02am
chiggy

Congrats TiTan! enjoy the wait! its a treacherous and dangerous journey! but well worth the wait.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-03-2012 09:56am
Barneyridge

Titan, what colour interior did you go

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-03-2012 11:11am
TiTan

Thanks guys - its a brilliant vehicle.

We went with the almond interior Barney. I haven't seen a white one with it on carsales (they all have ebony it seems) but I have always preferred lighter colour interiors (black feels a bit too cramped and gets hot) and the almond I saw on another Evoque (Silver) looked great.

To clarify the mirror issue I raised on the previous page, my dealer did confirm that powerfold mirrors are available without having to get the memory seats but unfortunately the autodip on reverse function (which I had on a previous BMW and was a big fan of) is only available with the memory mirror/seat option. Oh well - I am getting the reversing camera so its no big deal.
01-03-2012 12:12pm
chiggy

Yeah the mirrors are quite big anyway its quite easy to tell where the curb is with the mirrors so auto-dipping shouldn't be too much of an issue I think.

good choice interior Wink

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-03-2012 02:21pm
Aussievoque

(01-03-2012 02:21pm)chiggy Wrote:  Yeah the mirrors are quite big anyway its quite easy to tell where the curb is with the mirrors so auto-dipping shouldn't be too much of an issue I think.

Hi Titan. Chiggy is right, I had the mirror dip on my previous X5 also and loved it. With the mirrors on the Evoque you don't need it as you can see the kerb anyway.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
01-03-2012 10:45pm
DefLeppard

Long question with a simple answer I hope.....

Was looking on topix and noticed mine says "Infra Red Reflective Windscreen"

is this different to the "Solar Attenuating Windscreen" I keep seeing people talk about?

Have any "City" folk had any trouble with their Motorway Toll Tags not working? or needed to be positioned somewhere out of the ordinary?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
01-03-2012 11:04pm
Millotte

(01-03-2012 11:04pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  Long question with a simple answer I hope.....

Was looking on topix and noticed mine says "Infra Red Reflective Windscreen"

is this different to the "Solar Attenuating Windscreen" I keep seeing people talk about?

Have any "City" folk had any trouble with their Motorway Toll Tags not working? or needed to be positioned somewhere out of the ordinary?

I tried the tag in 7 different places last weekend and it didn't register once. It was a new tag, so not knowing if it's a tag issue or windscreen issue.. Spoke to roam tolling and they said they would look into it and call me back by Tuesday.. Still waiting.. They did mention that they have a different tag for metallic windscreens.. I'll chase them up today to see what they come up with and let you know.

Update.. Just spoke to roam and they are going to get back to me again as the systems are down. I suppose you get that when the call centre is in manilla!!! 3rd time I've had that excuse in 2 weeks!!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 11:42pm by Millotte.)
01-03-2012 11:33pm