Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window Tint
Barneyridge

RE: Window Tint

Millotte, the car was cleaned yesterday. It was nice to drive a clean car to work this morning for a change. Looking out the window I dont know how long it will last.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
06-02-2012 06:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Millotte

Barneyridge,
I work right near a quarry, my car stays clean for about 10 minutes, less of it rains.. The evoque won't be visiting my place of employment!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
06-02-2012 06:48am
DefLeppard

Well, I feel like an expert in Window tint after todays experience.

I got my Roadworthy Certificate done today for my old car I am selling.

When I bought the car, I made sure I asked for LEGAL window tint to be put on it - in Victoria you can go as low as 35% light transmission. Hence the tinter used a 35% film.

The problem is - my car already had a small amount of factory "Tint" in the glass itself.

New RWC rules in Victoria mean that every car has to have its windows measured for % light transmission with a machine. Hence my windows showed up as only letting 25% of the light through. - So back to the Window tinter to have it all pulled off! Luckily the RWC guy said just pull the front off - even though VIC law states it should be 35% all over.

Lesson for the day - When my new Evoque turns up - make sure the tinter puts on a different and LIGHTER film - e.g. maybe 45-50% light transmission - and measures the light transmission before sticking it down!

Did anyone notice if the windows seem to have any degree of tint in them - or are they pure clear glass?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 01:02pm by DefLeppard.)
29-02-2012 01:02pm
spif888

Def

The windows come standard with a slight tint to them. So, to ensure you are on the right side of the law, go with a 50% tint.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
29-02-2012 01:26pm
DefLeppard

Damn government rules and regulations....

If only someone could invent a privacy tint that passed this stupid light transmission rule, but gave privacy so that others can't see me.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
29-02-2012 01:41pm
lngrn36

The states started this regulation because the police would be at a tactical disadvantage in the event of pulling over the car. I say make everyone get out if you get pulled over. That way only the lawless pay the penalty instead of everyone!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
29-02-2012 02:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiTan

That looks awesome - and it is the exact colour/model/roof/wheel combo that I am currently getting dealer quotes on - so seeing how good it looks in the photos is great - thanks Barneyridge.
29-02-2012 11:50pm
Barneyridge

Titan, whilst I might be biased, I still like my combo the best. I was a little nervous about the wheels but really pleased with the look. I really think the white suits to lines of the car the best. I am really liking the white and black contrasts.

Good luck with dealer negotiation, let's us know how you are getting on. You might want to let all of us your state/location as some have had better dealer experiences than others

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-03-2012 02:51am
TiTan

Thanks Barney - that colour/wheel combo is the best IMO. I aim going for the almond interior too. Nearly all the Fuji white Evoques I have seen have the Ebony, but I prefer the lighter interior.

The various dealer threads on here have been very helpful - in particular DefLeppard's suggestion to head down the highway to Geelong.

I am about to pull the trigger on a white TD4, I am just waiting for them to confirm that the powerfold mirrors can be ordered without the memory seats. My reading of the options is that they come in two versions - non-memory (030NB) and memory (030NM) but the dealer on the phone wasn't sure. Once that's cleared up I think I will pull the trigger Very Happy
01-03-2012 04:57am
chiggy

Mine's going in for tinting on 16th March - it is going to tint-a-car cause I really like their formula 1 tint.

I did find a dodgy guy that said he'll do it for $200 but no receipt and if bubbles start appearing in 6 months I don't want to fork out another $300 to get it done professionally.

Rather just spend the $350 and get it done properly with warranty.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-03-2012 05:06am