Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips
lngrn36

RE: Tips

Very helpful post. Before and after pics a extremely helpful! BTW if you happen to notice a V6 Equinox LTZ while walking through a shopping lot take a glance at the exhaust. Very close to the ones youve installed. I have noticed as I have to park beside one every night! I want to make this mod, but I'm trying to wait for a cat back system.
Thanks for sharing!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
08-03-2012 02:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

Definitely go with catback if you can. I just want to keep this car quiet and so I went with only tips.

Here is a quick pic of the OEM tip (inside) the new tip.
[Image: ti.jpg]
08-03-2012 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

I just noticed you've had the trim bar above the license plate painted black too!
08-03-2012 11:38pm
LIONHEAD

(08-03-2012 11:38pm)WB Wrote:  I just noticed you've had the trim bar above the license plate painted black too!

Yes......I forgot about that boot blade....LOL. I actually bought another one a week before and had different shop paint it Sumatra Black (not gloss black) to match the rest of the car. I wasn't sure if I would like it black and so i kept the OEM blade. When it was finished painting, I didn't have time to install it myself and so I just gave it to the 2nd shop when they picked up the car to install it at the same time as the bumper, tips,etc. Here's my OEM which is still in my trunk/boot. Laughing
[Image: tblade1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 12:36am by LIONHEAD.)
09-03-2012 12:34am
WB
WB

(09-03-2012 12:34am)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Yes......I forgot about that boot blade....LOL. I actually bought another one a week before and had different shop paint it Sumatra Black (not gloss black) to match the rest of the car. I wasn't sure if I would like it black and so i kept the OEM blade. When it was finished painting, I didn't have time to install it myself and so I just gave it to the 2nd shop when they picked up the car to install it at the same time as the bumper, tips,etc. Here's my OEM which is still in my trunk/boot. Laughing

Cool - thanks. I've been thinking about wrapping mine in black - any idea how it was removed? Also how much did you pay for the part?

Any chance you want to send me your spare Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 12:51am by WB.)
09-03-2012 12:50am
LIONHEAD

It was $140 USD. The Dynamic piece (gloss black) was more but it was backorder here in US at that time and so I just bought the grey one. Not sure how to remove but I'll take some pics tomorrow from the backside...so you can maybe figure it out. Cool
09-03-2012 05:36am
lngrn36

Best thread for a long time. Still want to see the wheels!
Smile
09-03-2012 11:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(09-03-2012 05:36am)LIONHEAD Wrote:  It was $140 USD. The Dynamic piece (gloss black) was more but it was backorder here in US at that time and so I just bought the grey one. Not sure how to remove but I'll take some pics tomorrow from the backside...so you can maybe figure it out. Cool

Thanks - how much would you want for the spare?
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 01:46pm by WB.)
09-03-2012 01:32pm
LIONHEAD

(09-03-2012 01:32pm)WB Wrote:  Thanks - how much would you want for the spare?

Below are some pics from all angles. Looks like the sides uses clips but in the middle uses some screws. I was hoping it was similar when I painted my jaguar trunk blade black as I actually made a DYI for the jag forum but looks like the RRE is different as it doesn't use double sided tape and screws to hold it on.

Also....being in the freight forwarding/customs brokerage biz in the past, it would probably cost double estimate USD$300? then buying a new one. Might be much cheaper to just purchase one from your dealer or duckworth and ship to you in the UK.
[Image: blad7a.jpg]
[Image: blad1a.jpg]
[Image: blad6a.jpg]
[Image: blad2a.jpg]
[Image: blad5a.jpg]
[Image: blad4a.jpg]
09-03-2012 08:39pm
doug

WB,

It's a 10min job to remove.
Start of with removing the plastic centre trim on the tail gate (plastic trim removal tool needed or a strong plastic ice blade).
This will then give access to the 4x10mm nuts. Once removed, the two ends are fitted in place by clips, use the trim tool to prize each end out of the clip away. The waist finisher trim piece should now come away from the tailgate.
Hope some of this makes sence Smile

As for buying this part, my dealer told me there's no part number as yet for it.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-03-2012 10:58pm