Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips
LIONHEAD

RE: Tips

Should probably get it back today or tomororw....the shop sent me some pics this afternoon:

[Image: rrebumpa.jpg]
[Image: rrebump2a.jpg]
05-03-2012 06:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired

That diffusor looks really smart in black. Not sure about the front until I see it on the car Laughing

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
05-03-2012 07:07pm
LIONHEAD

LaughingLaughing I hear ya.....If the front doesn't look as good...it would motivate me to get the dynamic parts sooner than later. I did paint the diffusor flat black to match the flat black bumper but it looks as if it's not the same flat black in the pic. It's ok though as it gives it alitle contrast from the rest of the bumper. I think the front should be ok.....someone on the forum did the same although he did paint the lower part of the front of the bumper, diffusor and side sills gloss black and it looked pretty good.
05-03-2012 07:11pm
WB
WB

Now that looks very interesting - really looking forward to seeing them back on your car!

What colour are the silver parts - is that Indus? Do you know what prep they had to do on the painted parts- Did they have to sand them smooth?
05-03-2012 11:03pm
Roidman

Awesome mod man! I'm getting my diffusor and front bull bar vinyl wrap next week. I'm a bit apprehensive whether the vinyl wrap would stick on the texture but hopefully it will! Lionhead, what is the colour of the bull bar?

Pure Si4, Firenze Red, 20" Style 6, Almond/Espresso Grained Leather, Fog Light, Xenon light...
06-03-2012 01:30am
LIONHEAD

Not sure the exact color but I had them match the silver with the silver on the side vents. I asked the guy about sanding and he said he didn't want to sand it because of the texture and the pieces were plastic.

I got the car back late today. Here are some pics before it got dark.

[Image: 8aa.jpg]
[Image: 6aaa.jpg]
[Image: 2aa.jpg]
[Image: 22a.jpg]
[Image: 21b.jpg]
[Image: 12aa.jpg]
[Image: 10aaa.jpg]
[Image: 5aa.jpg]

BTW...also had them paint the calipers and install the blinking 3rd brakelight. The module was only $25 bucks so might as well have them install that also.

Here's the blinking 3rd brakelight: http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh211...G_5060.mp4

Lastly, waiting for the new wheels which are delayed. Hopefully it'll arrive during the week of March 19th and then I'll be done modding for now.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 04:42am by LIONHEAD.)
06-03-2012 04:24am
Evoque U

Looks great Lionhead, looking forward to seeing it with the new wheels

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
06-03-2012 11:15am
LIONHEAD

Thanks Evoque U.
06-03-2012 04:37pm
WB
WB

That looks superb! SO much better than stock.

Is the finish on the silver parts a smooth gloss or does it have a texture to it? - based on how glossy it looks I'm guessing they may have used a high build primer to create a flat surface for the paint.
06-03-2012 05:06pm
LIONHEAD

Thanks WB.

The painted parts still have texture. I was advised because it's textured and plastic, it is best not to sand but again maybe it was just easier for them to paint it without sanding. Most likely they use some sort of adhesion promotor or primer so the paint will adhere to the texture plastic.
06-03-2012 05:25pm