babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tips - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Tips (/Thread-Tips)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Tips - LIONHEAD - 22-02-2012 09:19pm

The shop sent me some pics today as I had them install larger exhaust tips. I only wanted tips as this is one of my daily driver and don't want it too loud or else I would have gotten a catback exhaust. Also, I'm thinking of getting the Dynamic parts down the road and so I would need to get the square exhaust tips for the Dynamic. Hopefully it would look as good in person as in the pics....I won't be able to get the car back until late next week as I'm having some other mods done plus new aftermarket wheels are suppose to arrive next week.

At least now there is no gap from the exhaust cutout.

Before:
[Image: rearredletters2ab.jpg]

After:
[Image: 3ex.jpg]

Before:
[Image: t2a.jpg]

After:
[Image: 2ex.jpg]

RE: Tips - cjfp - 22-02-2012 09:33pm

Yep - exactly what I'm looking for.

RE: Tips - Evo-king - 22-02-2012 09:35pm

Those look very much like the millteks you can get over here.

Tidy look.

RE: Tips - cjfp - 22-02-2012 09:38pm

(22-02-2012 09:35pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Those look very much like the millteks you can get over here.

Tidy look.

Yeah, but I only want the tips and not an exhaust replacement.

RE: Tips - exigejoe - 22-02-2012 09:42pm

Nice its not touching the plastic is it? Was it welded in or screwed in? Looking good. i was thinking about getting some.

RE: Tips - XFullFatTim - 22-02-2012 10:14pm

There is a company that makes tips for RRS and Disco4 here and they sell via an e-bay shop. I don't know if they do Evoque tips but I had a set of their RRS bolt on tips for that. They were even designed to go over the downward pointing exhaust pipes of the RRS. The compay is PowerfulUK (http://www.powerfuluk.com)who already do some bits for Evoque and make the installing videos on you-Tube

RE: Tips - WB - 22-02-2012 10:18pm

Nice - any details on them? Do they slip over the factory tips or did they have to cut those off first?

RE: Tips - XFullFatTim - 22-02-2012 10:24pm

The RRS ones slipped over and then were held on with an allen bolt (they even supplied the allen key!) When I sold the car I removed the tips and sold them on the forum quicker than any other bits and had a bidding battle for them!

RE: Tips - cutter7 - 22-02-2012 11:23pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160544186124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

These will slide over the 75mm O.D size of the pipes, and will then flange out to 110mm, should fill the plastic surround without touching..Smile

RE: Tips - XFullFatTim - 22-02-2012 11:30pm

If you do find that exhaust tips are touching the plastic then you can get some heavy duty sticky pads (like the double sided sticker number plate fixers) and stick them onto either the plastic or the tips. The tips for RRS used to vibrate against the harmonic damper weights that that car and D4 have slung under the bodywork and these pads stopped the rattle.