Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips
WB
WB

RE: Tips

(06-03-2012 05:25pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Thanks WB.

The painted parts still have texture. I was advised because it's textured and plastic, it is best not to sand but again maybe it was just easier for them to paint it without sanding. Most likely they use some sort of adhesion promotor or primer so the paint will adhere to the texture plastic.

Thanks that's good to know. If you do get a chance to take any closer up shots of the front and back in daylight that would be great.
06-03-2012 06:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

did you paint the lower parts of the bumpers as well lion? Trying to figure out why the bumpers were taken off.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
06-03-2012 07:08pm
dspralph

Nice job!
Where can I get the blinking 3rd brakelight module in U.S?

Dynamic Coupe/Fuji White/Pursuit
Every single option available expect Rear Seat Entertainment
Order--09/28 ETA--12/08
06-03-2012 08:49pm
LIONHEAD

(06-03-2012 06:00pm)WB Wrote:  Thanks that's good to know. If you do get a chance to take any closer up shots of the front and back in daylight that would be great.

Here's some close up shots for ya and some additional pics. After washing the car today....the silver painted part did feel smooth but in the pics you can tell there is some texture to it.
[Image: p5.jpg]
[Image: p3.jpg]
[Image: p1-2.jpg]
[Image: p2.jpg]
[Image: p15.jpg]
[Image: p14.jpg]
[Image: p12.jpg]
[Image: p13.jpg]
[Image: p11.jpg]
(06-03-2012 07:08pm)slee18 Wrote:  did you paint the lower parts of the bumpers as well lion? Trying to figure out why the bumpers were taken off.

The rest of the bumper I kept the same (flat black). I only had them paint the bull bar (gloss silver) up front and the lower piece underneath (flat black) and the upper part of the diffusor (gloss silver) and the diffusor (flat black). Bumpers were taken off because it was easier for the shop to send it to the other shop where they paint parts. I still like the Dynamic kit better but I do like what the shop did better than my OEM Prestige bumpers.
(06-03-2012 08:49pm)dspralph Wrote:  Nice job!
Where can I get the blinking 3rd brakelight module in U.S?

I bought the blinking 3rd brakelight at Kahtec: http://www.kahtec.com/index.htm

For the Evoque, I bought the "Blinking Smart Stop Delay" Version ($25). I just ordered the "Blinking Smart Stop Inteligent" version for my Jag. The shop advised no need to remove the spoiler as they just removed the 3rd brakelight assembly to install (don't know exactly how they did it though). They advised took them 20 minutes but now they know how to install, probably only takes 10-15 minutes.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 09:43pm by LIONHEAD.)
06-03-2012 09:30pm
doug

These bull bars look so good in silver.
Did your body shop remove them from the bumper to spay them? I ask as I've not worked out how they come of the bumpers yet

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
06-03-2012 10:42pm
LIONHEAD

(06-03-2012 10:42pm)doug Wrote:  These bull bars look so good in silver.
Did your body shop remove them from the bumper to spay them? I ask as I've not worked out how they come of the bumpers yet

The shop did have to take the entire bumpers to the other shop to have the bull bar and rear diffusor painted. The shop did say some of the parts are infused or melted together and therefore they couldn't take each individual pieces apart (diffusor is melted together to the upper piece in the back) which would have been easier. The bottom part of the front bull part did come apart but I think the rest are melted together.
07-03-2012 12:01am
doug

Thanks you that, looks like my whole car will have a trip to the body shop Confused. Had hoped to just sent the trim parts, as I did with the front grille & vents.

07-03-2012 08:53am
WB
WB

Thanks very much for the extra photos - they're exactly what I wanted to see. Looks like your shop did a great job with the paint.

(07-03-2012 08:53am)doug Wrote:  Thanks you that, looks like my whole car will have a trip to the body shop Confused. Had hoped to just sent the trim parts, as I did with the front grille & vents.

Doug, what are you thinking of doing on yours?

I'm wondering whether to go silver on the bull bars or go Orkney on the bull bars with black on the diffusers.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 11:24am by WB.)
07-03-2012 11:22am
slee18

Looks awesome Lion! I'll buy your old parts when switch to a dynamic bumper Smile

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
07-03-2012 05:06pm
doug

(07-03-2012 11:22am)WB Wrote:  Thanks very much for the extra photos - they're exactly what I wanted to see. Looks like your shop did a great job with the paint.

Doug, what are you thinking of doing on yours?

I'm wondering whether to go silver on the bull bars or go Orkney on the bull bars with black on the diffusers.

WB,
Plan on having the front & rear bull bar bits in high gloss silver, with the middle panel (the bit you remove for the towing eye Laughing ) in gloss black.
Had hoped to remove these parts before going to the body shop, but it looks like there stuck on. Anyone willing on giving there's a go to see if the glue will come apart without breaking the plastic ? Idea
They have done such a good job on the edging of Lionheads Evoque, not sure if my mates body shop could match that!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 09:12pm by doug.)
07-03-2012 09:11pm