Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Evoque and the iPhone
Tekno
Banned

The Evoque and the iPhone

I'm having a few problems with my iPhone (3GS) interfacing with my car - be interested to know if anyone else is finding the same.

When connected via bluetooth (for calls) but also plugged into the iPod USB jack, although the in-car hifi will display the track name and show that it's playing, I get no sound. I can play music via Bluetooth but as there's no track names etc. and the sound quality is pretty shit, I'd rather not.

Clicking the track forward on the steering wheel takes a good 4-5 seconds for the track to actually move on.

The track name displayed often gets stuck for a minute or two and shows the previous track rather than the one playing.

I can't figure out the difference between the iPod and USB input.
05-10-2011 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The Evoque and the iPhone

There is a similar volume problem with the RRS system when iPhone is wire connected via the Aux, have you tried turning the iPhone/iPod volume to a low setting and use the volume on the head unit to adjust it?

This thread over on RRSport may help explain, seems odd that Meridian didn't sort out the problem during developement
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic24061.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 09:22am by XFullFatTim.)
05-10-2011 09:02am
SW6RR

I think I remember reading in the manual on Topix that there was some issue about connecting via bluetooth and wired. Read it yourself, but I seem to remember it saying that the wired connection had to be the last connection made in order for it all to work properly (which it wouldn't be if you connected the bluetooth after the wire). I think Topix recommends that you unplug and plug back in again to ensure that the wired connection is the last connection made.

Might not be right (and/or might not help).

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
05-10-2011 11:56am
tetstb

Your iPhone needs to switch its output, on the iPod screen during playback touch the bottom of the screen just above the home key and you will see the audio source choice appear, it will be set to bluetooth probably so change it to Dock Connector. Did the same in my Audi.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
05-10-2011 04:05pm
speary

I have an iphone but only plan to use it for calls. For music I am just going to put all my music on a 320GB usb drive, plug it in and leave it there. It should save a lot of messing about plugging unplugging etc. You can pick one of these drives up for about £40

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-10-2011 08:22am
XFullFatTim

Here is how to get round the problem, taken from the owner's online version of the owner's manual
Quote:Note: If an iPhone is connected via a USB cable so that audio can be played and it is also linked via Bluetooth® for other phone functions, the audio will only be delivered via the last connected USB port. This means that if the Bluetooth® is the last connection made to the iPhone, no audio will be heard through the speakers even though audio information is displayed on screen.
To address this issue, disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable. Alternatively open the iPod application on the iPhone, press the Bluetooth® icon at the bottom of the screen and select Dock Connector on the pop-up.

BTW, I cannot get my iPhone4 iPod app to show what is suggested in the last sentence above

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2011 12:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-10-2011 11:53am
PJ

Today I started having a problem with playing music from my iPhone through the USB cable. It plays fine then the volume completely cuts out after about a minute. It is still connected as I see the track playing on the evoque touchscreen but no volume. If I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect the sound resumes but again only for a minute or so. It was playing fine before. I did update to iOS 5 last night but this may have nothing to do with it. Any thoughts?

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
14-10-2011 09:04pm
XFullFatTim

It could have everything to do with it too! There were changes to the way the OS streams music and videos in the upgrade which might have some impact.

14-10-2011 10:30pm
PJ

The upgrade to ios5 is the only thing different with the setup between it working and not. Going to have a proper play about settings tomorrow and see what happens. Hope it's not ios5 as I don't think you can roll back to 4.

It is still streaming ok via bluetooth the issues are just with dock connector.

Be interested to hear if anyone else experiences similar problems.

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
14-10-2011 10:58pm
lulu101

Not a good week for the Phone Companies, bit of an Apple and Blackberry Crumble!! Laughing

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2011 12:06am by lulu101.)
15-10-2011 12:05am