Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Evoque and the iPhone
QueJumper

RE: The Evoque and the iPhone

My iPhone 4 with iOS5 is working fine with Bluetooth audio/phone and USB connectivity so I don' think it's an iOS5 issue.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
29-11-2011 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

So if you play audio over the cable and have bluetooth connected does the audio streaming persist? Out of interest when was your car delivered? I wonder if you might have newer software in your car?
30-11-2011 04:28pm
QueJumper

Yep that both works audio over cable and Bluetooth phone. I was actually using Spotify App too rather than iPhone iPod which I was surprised to work as it doesn't in our Disco 4.

Car was delivered last week.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
30-11-2011 08:20pm
WB
WB

(30-11-2011 08:20pm)QueJumper Wrote:  Yep that both works audio over cable and Bluetooth phone. I was actually using Spotify App too rather than iPhone iPod which I was surprised to work as it doesn't in our Disco 4.

Car was delivered last week.

Interesting. When do you plug your phone in before switching on the engine and Bluetooth connects or after. I'm wondering if I'm plugging in too early?
30-11-2011 09:56pm
Tyrion

(30-11-2011 09:56pm)WB Wrote:  Interesting. When do you plug your phone in before switching on the engine and Bluetooth connects or after. I'm wondering if I'm plugging in too early?

My iphone worked fine with the Evoque with audio on on the cable and phone on Bluetooth until I did the IOS update to 5.xx. It is definitely an IOS5/Evoque compatibility issue.

If anyone has definitely got their Iphone connected through the cable with full control and also connected as a phone on bluetooth WITHOUT the audio defaulting back to Bluetooth every few minutes then I'd be really interested. It's v. annoying that it worked perfectly with full touchscreen control from the car until the update and now the only way to listen to music on the phone and be connected to the phone is to be completely on bluetooth and selecting the music on the Iphone (albeit with basic track forward/back functionality from the car).

If someone with a more recent delivery (my car was one of the first) has it working then maybe there has been an evoque firmware update?

Black SI4 Dynamic Coupe with Silver Roof and a few other bits!
22-01-2012 12:49pm
QueJumper

To clarify I have:

iPod Touch for audio plugged in via Apple connector in glove box. Plays iTunes or Spotify or Napster fine.

iPhone connected via Bluetooth for phone and not audio. Rarely plugged in except cig lighter for charging in necessary.

22-01-2012 03:18pm
dima

The same issue here Sad The car is 3 days old and was build on January 17th, so I don't think that there is any software update for this.
Are there significant sound quality differences between playing music via bluetooth and cable?

Thanks, Dima

Arrived on 02/02/12: Si4 Dynamic in Fuji-White (4 door, Pano-Roof, Style 6, Vortex Ebony, PDC + Camera, Privacy)
05-02-2012 12:35am
xxxreme

(28-10-2011 09:55pm)patc Wrote:  Took delivery of mine yesterday - have had one iphone docked and another iphone for phonecalls. Switching which is doing what is easy too - definitely one of those "They've thought of everything" moments. I'm sure Ipod/Iphone will work just as well.

For anyone who has got their car - am I the only one noticing a certain amount of data noise/garbling when the iphone is docked, playing music? Streaming over bluetooth is clear as crystal but there is some definite interference (or software issue) when playing over a docked connection. I've tried two cables and both mine and my girlfriend's iphone (both 4s, one with iOS4, the other with iOS5) - and it's the same. Do I need a firmware update or something in the car?!

Pat

Looks like I am bringing this 2 year old thread back alive!

I just took delivery on a 2014 Evoque. I love the car but am very frustrated with the poor sound quality coming from my iPhone 5 when streaming audio via a factory Apple Lightning cable.

During the 20 times that I have tried streaming music, once it played fine without any garbled sound quality. Any solutions?

I'm not buying a seperate iPod as that would defeat the purpose of owning an iPhone with built in phone/iPod/camera etc.
01-08-2014 02:14am
mark_n

Have you tried streaming music with Bluetooth? You'd think that a cabled connection would be rock solid but in my nearly 3-year old car, it isn't. I had the dealer look at it and they did the only thing they could - replace the socket panel, claiming a loose connection. No change.

What format are you using on your iPhone? I don't much like the lossy compressed MP3 format for home use but it's fine in cars where the "breathing" noises causes by the compression artefacts are less audible, if at all.

I don't know if the cabled connection is limited by bandwidth but you may find using more tightly compressed MP3 files will help because the files are smaller.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 06:03am by mark_n.)
01-08-2014 06:02am
HeartbreakRidge

I've used my iPod Touch on both Bluetooth and cable without a problem, but I am using an Amazon lightning cable instead of Apple.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
01-08-2014 02:37pm