Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Evoque and the iPhone
PJ

RE: The Evoque and the iPhone

Ok figured out the issue - after a few minutes the connection is jumping from dock connector to Bluetooth. If I push the dock connector icon it will switch back to this but only for a few minutes again. Only way around this is disabling Bluetooth but then I can't use my phone!

Have tried a different cable in case it was this. Will be calling my dealer tomorrow unless anyone can think of a solution?

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
15-10-2011 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

Has any one tried to play the videos from an iPhone to the screen on the range rover evoque .

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-10-2011 11:58pm
DJ2Tall

Interesting! Ive got a new 4S and even though I have got another 2 months to wait for my car (to press!) i'd be interested to see this resolved. It's no use having to turn Bluetooth off! Can't you just play music via bluetooth like I do at home with my Bose Soundlink speaker?
21-10-2011 12:49am
griff

Has anyone got any information about how the Evoques system copes with an IPOD docked via the USB for music and then an Iphone4 blue-toothed for phone calls? N.B. I have some music on Iphone but just a favourite few albums for hotel rooms.

I'm wondering if there will be a clash between the two from the music point of view?
Thoughts?
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2011 06:58am by griff.)
21-10-2011 06:56am
ajmooseman

Griff that's how I intend to make my connection, don;t see why it should be a problem, TBH i think it will be the best way. I going to have my old 3g docked using cable in airline mode for my music ect(plus a back phone in case of an emergency PAYG sim) and my iphone4 bluetoothed. From memory at the unleashed day I paired my iphone as a phone no problem but it didn;t show as music, which is a good yeh?
21-10-2011 09:00am
griff

Sounds like a result to me. Smile

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
21-10-2011 09:06am
SW6RR

Yep - my intention also - just bought a 120GB second hand iPod off eBay which is now stocked with 12,000-odd tracks. Wire that into the car for music and use bluetooth for the iPhone.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
21-10-2011 09:52am
GibEvoque

(21-10-2011 09:52am)SW6RR Wrote:  Yep - my intention also - just bought a 120GB second hand iPod off eBay which is now stocked with 12,000-odd tracks. Wire that into the car for music and use bluetooth for the iPhone.

Thats what i am going to do, got an old ipod with 16gb, so enought to carry my music, and can just leave it plugged in.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
21-10-2011 11:14am
patc

(21-10-2011 06:56am)griff Wrote:  Has anyone got any information about how the Evoques system copes with an IPOD docked via the USB for music and then an Iphone4 blue-toothed for phone calls?

Took delivery of mine yesterday - have had one iphone docked and another iphone for phonecalls. Switching which is doing what is easy too - definitely one of those "They've thought of everything" moments. I'm sure Ipod/Iphone will work just as well.

For anyone who has got their car - am I the only one noticing a certain amount of data noise/garbling when the iphone is docked, playing music? Streaming over bluetooth is clear as crystal but there is some definite interference (or software issue) when playing over a docked connection. I've tried two cables and both mine and my girlfriend's iphone (both 4s, one with iOS4, the other with iOS5) - and it's the same. Do I need a firmware update or something in the car?!

Pat

SD4 Prestige, Black / Ivory with Lux Pack, Privacy Glass & Xenons

Went to test drive a 2nd hand Audi Q5, a cancelled order Evoque turned up on low loader, the rest is history.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 10:26pm by patc.)
28-10-2011 09:55pm
WB
WB

(15-10-2011 09:15pm)PJ Wrote:  Ok figured out the issue - after a few minutes the connection is jumping from dock connector to Bluetooth. If I push the dock connector icon it will switch back to this but only for a few minutes again. Only way around this is disabling Bluetooth but then I can't use my phone!

Have tried a different cable in case it was this. Will be calling my dealer tomorrow unless anyone can think of a solution?

Was anyone able to find a solution to this? Mine is doing the same since I upgraded to IOS 5.01 from 4.x at the weekend.

Thanks
29-11-2011 12:32pm