Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Running I phone through 8" screen
Kojak

RE: Running I phone through 8" screen

(10-03-2015 07:13am)Benziner Wrote:  And this is how i connected everything: http://youtu.be/LSxsSEb89VY

Video is private at the moment benziner.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
10-03-2015 07:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benziner

Sad Sorry

Please try again now
http://youtu.be/LSxsSEb89VY
10-03-2015 07:06pm
Kojak

Good detail Benziner

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
10-03-2015 08:37pm
DVFlyer

Great video Benziner. Extra points for your english and plugging in those connections with one hand while videoing with the other. Smile

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
12-03-2015 03:00pm
Benziner

Your welcome! Was very "tricky". Thats my favorite word now. ;-P
12-03-2015 06:16pm
sewy_01

Hi again Benziner,

I attempted to get this installed in my car yesterday... Took the dash, centre console etc apart and plugged all the cables in and couldn't get any picture on the screen at all?

I held the valet button to get to the secret menu, pressed the video option but I just get a blank screen. I tried all of the 3 different spare FAKRA ports on the back of the screen unit but it wouldn't work with any of them!?

I know all the converter and cables work as I tested them indoors on my TV. The only thing I can think is the actual FAKRA to RCA lead which plugs into the car is faulty?

Either that or they have changed something on the new 2015 reg so this doesn't work any more!? Can't work out why it wouldnt work at all!?

Any ideas at all??

Cheers
20-03-2015 11:24pm
Benziner

Hi,

did the hdmi converter had power from the usb oder cig lighter? If you test it on the TV it works without.

Try to test any other video source like a camera directly with the RCA to FAKRA. Maybe also your converter is broken.

Did you choose NTSC?

Greets Felix
21-03-2015 09:43am
sewy_01

Hi,

Yes I had the HDMI2AV converter plugged into a cigarette usb power and it was powered on. When I unplugged the USB power lead my iphone changed display back to the phone and not through the HDMI output.

I tried it all through the TV plugged into the AV / RCA lead from the converter so hopefully should have been testing it all.

Yes I had it on NTSC, I also tried switching it to PAL and back again but didn't work.

Could it be Land Rover have changed something so the FAKRA ports on the back of the screen unit no longer display the secret menu video option?

This is the FAKRA lead that I bought, should this one work ok or does it have to be a specific Land Rover one?

I have put it all back together now as I got annoyed but could try with another source like a camera as you mentioned!

Many thanks!
Matt

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

21-03-2015 11:05am
Benziner

I'm sorry but I don't know if they changed the menu or fakra inlets.

Did you also pluged off the rear cam and used this? Try to choose the rear gear. I think you console is installed if you remove the monitor?
21-03-2015 05:52pm
sewy_01

I don't have the rear camera on my car so didn't do anything with that. I also looked behind the dvd unit but couldn't find any extra FAKRA ports, leads behind that.

One of the 4 ports on the back of the screen unit already had something plugged in which I guess was the dvd unit?

Does the FAKRA to RCA cable that I bought in my previous post look correct? Not sure weather to return it and buy a different one?

Many thanks
21-03-2015 09:08pm