Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure eD4 Mark lll 2016 Wheels
AndyFrance

Pure eD4 Mark lll 2016 Wheels

Hi,

Please forgive me if this subject has already been discussed to death. I'm new here, and straight off I'm after advice please.

Last weekend I placed an order for a Pure eD4 Mark lll 2016 (Delivery mid November hopefully). Here in France this model comes standard with 17" wheels with the brochure option to upgrade to size 18". I would like to upgrade to a 19" wheel. Assuming the wheel hub has not changed since Mark ll, does anyone know if a 19" Genuine LR Evoque wheel will fit straight on.

Cheers!
18-03-2015 12:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Pure eD4 Mark lll 2016 Wheels

You should be able to go right up to an OEM 20" without needing to get any speedo recalibration as the Evoque wheel/ tyre combinations all end up with the same rolling diameter if you stick with the recommended tyre for the wheel

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-03-2015 12:33pm
PhilSkill

Don't see why they should not, as the 18/19/20 all fit presently. But being a 2016 order who knows if they've changed hubs or something even if unlikely we cant know for sure, I imagine the only reason the 19's and 20's aren't offered is either for the economy figures or purely marketing.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2015 12:34pm
AndyFrance

Thank you very much for your replies, much appreciated. Now I have 8 month's to find a good deal on a set in the 'For Sale' section.

Best regards
Andy
18-03-2015 12:39pm
Jeroma

(18-03-2015 12:39pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Thank you very much for your replies, much appreciated. Now I have 8 month's to find a good deal on a set in the 'For Sale' section.

Best regards
Andy
-------------------------------------
I must say when ordering a car, to a certain extend you never know what you get.
When I purchased my eD4 Pure in Belgium, the car was ONLY available with the Pure Tech Pack. This pack was supposed to have 18" style 2 wheels. When I got the car it displayed total different wheels as from MY14 RR changed over to 18" style 11 wheels. It's wise to keep an eye on changes occuring between order and delivery.
I must admit they look nicer than the style 2, but it would have been nice to be informed about it.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
19-03-2015 03:43pm
HotLap

Andy congrats on your new Evoque! I recently purchased a new 2015 Prestige and am going to replace the stock 19's with 20's. If you were closer I'd sell them to you but I would want to make sure they would fit and it's likely $$$$'s to ship wheels across the pond.

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
20-03-2015 01:52am
AndyFrance

(20-03-2015 01:52am)HotLap Wrote:  Andy congrats on your new Evoque! I recently purchased a new 2015 Prestige and am going to replace the stock 19's with 20's. If you were closer I'd sell them to you but I would want to make sure they would fit and it's likely $$$$'s to ship wheels across the pond.

Thanks very much for your good wishes HotLap, and your offer. Although my delivery is 8 months away, I found a pristine set of 20's (Shadow Chrome) for sale and they were quite near where my Father lives in the UK. He went and picked them up for me and will bring them over his next visit.

The Prestige is all but fully loaded, I envy you, good luck and enjoy it!

I added a few options to my order a couple of days ago, but the new price/selling structure means that it is now NOT possible to add front fog lights to the MY2016 Pure model. I think the car will look better with, but I'd have to pay €3900 to move up to the 'SE', and then I'd have the €200 options to add the fog's. I'm a little disappointed that a €34600 starting price car, even though an entry level model, doesn't give the option for something that is not a luxury add on, more of a driving aid.

I'm sure the number cruncher's thought it would push buyer's up a level. That's probably correct in many case's, but not in mine...........I can't afford to move up!

Cheers
26-03-2015 11:32am
Jeroma

(26-03-2015 11:32am)AndyFrance Wrote:  Thanks very much for your good wishes HotLap, and your offer. Although my delivery is 8 months away, I found a pristine set of 20's (Shadow Chrome) for sale and they were quite near where my Father lives in the UK. He went and picked them up for me and will bring them over his next visit.

The Prestige is all but fully loaded, I envy you, good luck and enjoy it!

I added a few options to my order a couple of days ago, but the new price/selling structure means that it is now NOT possible to add front fog lights to the MY2016 Pure model. I think the car will look better with, but I'd have to pay €3900 to move up to the 'SE', and then I'd have the €200 options to add the fog's. I'm a little disappointed that a €34600 starting price car, even though an entry level model, doesn't give the option for something that is not a luxury add on, more of a driving aid.

I'm sure the number cruncher's thought it would push buyer's up a level. That's probably correct in many case's, but not in mine...........I can't afford to move up!

Cheers
---------------------------------------------------------
I made the same mistake with concern to fog lights. Must say since I drive I never needed fog lights. It would have been just for the look. Unfortunately I did not know that LR would fit this horrible looking grey blocks. A shame to do that to a good looking car.
Anyhow, last summer I painted them in body colour and now they look as BELONGING to the car.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
27-03-2015 03:52pm
HotLap

Andy I bet you can add the fog lights without too much trouble. I do like them and bet you could find them on EBay. Not sure about the RRE, but years go I added factory fog lights to a Mustang and the wiring harness was all set for the lights, all I had to do was physically mount the fogs (which the mounting areas were all there just filled with cheap looking plastic panels, and buy one relay that simply plugged into the existing PD box, and add the stock fog light switch in the console which was filled with a plastic plug. You might think about running a separate switch as the RRE's fog light switch is currently integrated into the column stalk and I wouldn't want to deal with replacoing that. Stock fogs are LED so shouldn't be a large current draw.

good luck!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 07:22pm by HotLap.)
01-04-2015 07:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The instructions for retro-fitting fog lights was posted a couple of years ago by member Bob

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-04-2015 09:30pm