Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just curious, chip for turbo?
HotLap

Just curious, chip for turbo?

Aside from warranty concerns, anybody ever look into a chip/improved intake/exhaust for our turbo 4? I had a 2008 BMW 535i turbo that was set at a very conservation 6lbs pressure from the factory and you could get a chip that would increase the boost to 12lbs and add 100hp and gobs of torque. I wouldn't go that far as I would think it would stress the engine, but what about a chip that say added 20 - 40hp?

Anyone know how many lbs. of boost our turbo produces? This is basically the Ford Ecoboost 4cyl turbo engine correct?

Thoughts?

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
01-04-2015 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Just curious, chip for turbo?

Plug in tuning boxes and ECU remaps are available in Europe but fitting them does bust your warranty. We have a forum sponsor, BAS, who is very highly regarded and does re-maps for the Evoque's ECU. Bear in mind that sales of the excellent diesels far outstrip sales of the gasoline engines everywhere outside the USA though so getting hold of petrol remaps won't be easy

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 09:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-04-2015 09:27pm
HotLap

RE: Just curious, chip for turbo?

(01-04-2015 09:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Plug in tuning boxes and ECU remaps are available in Europe but fitting them does bust your warranty. We have a forum sponsor, BAS, who is very highly regarded and does re-maps for the Evoque's ECU. Bear in mind that sales of the excellent diesels far outstrip sales of the gasoline engines everywhere outside the USA though so getting hold of petrol remaps won't be easy

Tim, thanks, sounds like most RRE owners leave good enough alone Smile It's pretty peppy stock, actually feels faster than it's mid 7 sec 0-60 times.

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
02-04-2015 04:16pm