Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retrofit Signature Xenon Headlights
B_o_b_o

RE: Retrofit Signature Xenon Headlights

(30-09-2014 06:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  yes

Would my existing ballast not work?

I thought the procedure would be:-

1) Replace halogen headlamps with HID Xenons with LED signature lighting headlamps
2) Reprogram ECU and/or activate Swedish light settings
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 10:26pm by B_o_b_o.)
30-09-2014 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No the old ones don't work - the Xenons work at much higher voltages than the Halogen.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2014 11:10pm
B_o_b_o

As an interim (and much cheaper) measure I've just ordered some OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED bulbs. Heard good things about them e.g. they look more white in keeping with the DRL's and front fogs.
30-09-2014 11:20pm
B_o_b_o

Ok - I have managed to source a pair of Xenons to retrofit - the passenger side arrived today! Will have drivers side soon.

(This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 08:01pm by B_o_b_o.)
15-10-2014 07:58pm
bangsters

(15-10-2014 07:58pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Ok - I have managed to source a pair of Xenons to retrofit - the passenger side arrived today! Will have drivers side soon.

How much you paid for yours? I got mine for like $400 shipped. 200 for the pair, and another 200 to ship lol....

Hopefully they arrive next week. Dunno how I'll override the DRL so they turn on the moment I start the engine. I don't think my dealer will want to reprogram the RRE.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
16-10-2014 05:25am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

well i heard that they will work fine if the engine is started up before switching the lights on. Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
16-10-2014 09:54am
B_o_b_o

I'm picking up the drivers side light this afternoon.

The next decision is whether to have them fitted the official way (removing the front bumper, etc) or the unofficial way (where you jiggle them out the front but risk scratching the bumper).

One garage I contacted said they'd prefer to remove the front bumper. This seems like a bit of a faff just to replace a couple of headlamp units. Would there be any risk of damaging the bumper when taking it off do you think?
17-10-2014 12:05pm
bee

(17-10-2014 12:05pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  I'm picking up the drivers side light this afternoon.

The next decision is whether to have them fitted the official way (removing the front bumper, etc) or the unofficial way (where you jiggle them out the front but risk scratching the bumper).

One garage I contacted said they'd prefer to remove the front bumper. This seems like a bit of a faff just to replace a couple of headlamp units. Would there be any risk of damaging the bumper when taking it off do you think?

i would think the unofficial way would bee ok. stick plenty of masking tape to areas that may scuff.
hope they work for you ok. Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
17-10-2014 05:01pm
B_o_b_o

I've got a lovely bunch of...Xenons! Both in new condition and ready to be fitted in a couple of weeks. Both came complete with ballasts as well.

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 06:42pm by B_o_b_o.)
17-10-2014 06:30pm
bee

(17-10-2014 06:30pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  I've got a lovely bunch of...Xenons! Both in new condition and ready to be fitted in a couple of weeks. Both came complete with ballasts as well.

yep, looks good bobo. cant wait to see them fitted. photos ?

17-10-2014 07:16pm