Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retrofit Signature Xenon Headlights
B_o_b_o

RE: Retrofit Signature Xenon Headlights

(17-10-2014 07:16pm)bee Wrote:  yep, looks good bobo. cant wait to see them fitted. photos ?

Yep. It'll be a few weeks until fitting but will put some pictures up once the job is done. Thumbs Up
17-10-2014 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

(17-10-2014 07:19pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Yep. It'll be a few weeks until fitting but will put some pictures up once the job is done. Thumbs Up

Hey guys!! So my headlights came in, seller had to resend me a left side since the other one got damaged by UPS.

Anyway, I checked with my dealer. They want to charge $500 to install the headlights and code the DRLs and Xenons. And told me it'll void warranty once they code anything to the ECM.

Can anyone confirm that? Also, isn't the price a bit too steep? I told them that I can install the headlights myself but it looks like they won't code it in if they are not the ones to install the headlights. Sad

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
24-10-2014 05:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Are signature DRL's available if you spec a new car Pure Plus in the USA? If not then I would suggest that the dealer would be contravening some US construction/ type approval law and yes that would void your warranty. If the lights are available in the USA either as OEM or an option then I don't see what their problem is with putting them in for you. I would suggest that compared to UK/European prices + taxes you are being charged labour rates similar to ours. I suspect that they are frightened that their staff might do damage that will be expensive to correct during the install and are covering themselves for that. They will also be somewhat p*ssed off that you bought the light units in from overseas and not from them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 08:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-10-2014 08:20pm
bangsters

(24-10-2014 08:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Are signature DRL's available if you spec a new car Pure Plus in the USA. If not then I would suggest that the dealer would be contravening some US construction/ type approval law and yes that would void your warranty. If the lights are available in the USA either as OEM or an option then I don't see what their problem is with putting them in for you. I would suggest that compared to UK/European prices + taxes you are being charged labour rates similar to ours.

They are available in the Pure Premium, not Pure Plus (maybe as an addon?). The labour rate is understandable, but voiding the warranty?? A bit iffy there especially I told the guy it was an oem headlight

24-10-2014 08:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Might be worth a call to LRNA to see what they say. I don't know how warranties work in the USA, if they are covered by LRNA or by the selling dealer

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-10-2014 08:25pm
bangsters

I called another dealer, the service department guy said he'll check with LRNA. Then he called me back, and said that it cannot be done. That the headlights were not a simple swap and he can't code the ECM to take the xenon and enable DRL. Reason was it was not just the headlights but wiring and all that other stuff.

To be honest I don't believe it. I think they just don't want to do it.

From wheat I've read before, it's just coding the DRL so it turns on automatically upon ignition (for USA) as well as the xenons.

Can anyone from Land Rover shed some light into this. Should this really void the warranty on the ECM and headlights, and anything related to them??

(This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 06:29am by bangsters.)
25-10-2014 06:28am
Denham5

(21-09-2014 01:59pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Has anyone managed to get this done successfully and if so where did you get it done and how much did it cost?

I wouldn't bother if I was you. I have them factorty fitted to mine and they are the worst xenons I have ever seen fitted to a car. Two different dealers have checked to see if they are defective but have both come back with the same answer, it's the design of the unit which doesn't allow enough projection.
25-10-2014 10:36am
B_o_b_o

Done!

07-11-2014 06:25pm
bee

(07-11-2014 06:25pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Done!

b-o-b-o, spill the beans then.Confused

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
07-11-2014 07:59pm
kastism

Range Rover Evouqe Premium Signature DRL Halo Xenon Headlight Conversion Service!!!

http://www.diagnosticman.co.uk/range-rov...conversion

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 11:47pm by kastism.)
05-12-2016 11:24pm