Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
Bandit1250

RE: Radio cutting out

I have joined the forum, literally because of this problem, I have a prestige lux with the 825 watt Meridian system, I have had the Car for a week, having bought it with only 5000miles on the clock.
The problem is identical, the Stereo cuts out every minute or two for about 5 seconds then restarts. As others have reported the crackle can happen even if the stereo is off.
I doubt it's a loose connection, the cut out period is always about 5 seconds, never longer as would happen with a loose connect, presumably ?
My current theory is the iPod is corrupting the system in some way so I am trying to remove the iPod and see if that sorts it, has anyone else found that removing the iPod sorts the problem ?
I am also going to try the fix with the tv, setting it to usa.....will see soon enough.
Poor at best ! Still, it's booked in at the dealer in a week, let's see if they say ' no one else has the problem '....
28-09-2013 10:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Its a known fault, and is being worked on, all info in the thread.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-09-2013 10:55pm
Tosh

Thanks all - the joy of the 'net is sharing information like this.

Mine's been doing this for about a month and before I take it I thought I'd have a nose on here and lo!... Mine was just radio initally (only listen to DAB) but then noticed it on USB and iPod too. Therefore figured it was an amplifier problem.power issue more than a signal issue but x-isle's diagnosis makes all manner of sense.

My car lives between that there London and Suffolk and as of yesterday was still at it...
I shall wait it out a bit longer as it seems better to wait for an actual fix than tune into US telly (not that i watch the UK one in the car). Oh and I'm Merdien 825 too!

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 10:58am by Tosh.)
30-09-2013 10:56am
PhilSkill

Tosh, LR recommends the USA work-around, until they solve the issue properly. It simply means your TV will not work, but the other sources should then work as normal with no crackle.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-09-2013 11:19am
Yankee

I have the same problem. Just spoken to Land Rover. They said it's a problem with interference from 4G signals where the TV setting is trying up update the software. They are looking into the issue. The only way to stop it is to switch the TV region to USA. This should solve it for now until a patch is issued. But it means you have to switch it back to UK to watch TV.
01-10-2013 09:47am
Ange

Same problem here! I was booked in with the dealer last week but cancelled as LR still don't have a solution. I tried changing the language setting to US but it hasn't made any difference - still cutting out on DAB/FM/CD...

- Currently 2015 Evoque Dynamic Lux SD4, Kaikoura Stone. Previous 2012 Evoque Prestige (Lux) SD4, Baltic Blue - Land Rover/Range Rover owner since 1981 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:59am by Ange.)
01-10-2013 10:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ange - welcome to the forum - if sounds like you are resetting the wrong thing to USA. I think you are selecting the SatNav voice/ region to USA!
You need to select the TV tuner from the first/ home page menu then go into the settings for the TV and select USA NOT from the satnav settings!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 12:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-10-2013 12:46pm
Ange

(01-10-2013 12:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ange - welcome to the forum - if sounds like you are resetting the wrong thing to USA. I think you are selecting the SatNav voice/ region to USA!
You need to select the TV tuner from the first/ home page menu then go into the settings for the TV and select USA NOT from the satnav settings!

Thanks XFullFatTim, I'll give that a try - the 'boy' at the dealer didn't sound too sure when he was telling me. These new fangled machines look good but they're a bit more complicated than my old Classic Range Rover - haha! Laughing

- Currently 2015 Evoque Dynamic Lux SD4, Kaikoura Stone. Previous 2012 Evoque Prestige (Lux) SD4, Baltic Blue - Land Rover/Range Rover owner since 1981 Very Happy
01-10-2013 12:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's dead easy to change it yourself, no need to trust a pimply geek to do it and from what you say, get it wrong! If you get the owner's manual out of it's secret compartment in the glove box and go to the TV Tuner section it tells you there how to do the region change as well!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 01:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-10-2013 01:15pm
Donny Dog

(01-10-2013 01:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's dead easy to change it yourself, no need to trust a pimply geek to do it and from what you say, get it wrong! If you get the owner's manual out of it's secret compartment in the glove box and go to the TV Tuner section it tells you there how to do the region change as well!

When I had the car serviced, the 'pimply geek' didn't even know where the 'secret compartment' was, so couldn't find my book (despite me telling the garage where I'd left it) to stamp it!
01-10-2013 01:28pm