Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
jbob

Radio cutting out

Well so far so good with my update. No crackles and my DAB reception seems better, before it seemed like it could hardly pick anything up.

Hats off to Stafford Landrover, courtesy car (brand new disco) supplied with me giving them no notice, spill rail checked, radio software update applied, car cleaned and a free Landrover moleskin notebook.
07-10-2013 08:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bandit1250

RE: Radio cutting out

I have had the software update and the stereo is now perfect ! Problem solved.
27-10-2013 07:48pm
RacingSnake

Ah yes, I must chase this down.
I was told "we'll call you", but as of yet, nothing.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-10-2013 09:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

I have recently been experiencing this weird loss of radio on analogue and DAB. At the moment I'm not getting any radio stations on DAB. And on analogue radio when I drive through Limehouse Link tunnel randomly I will either get no signal or it would work completely fine. I travel through Limehouse link in London everyday at least twice. I can’t explain why is happens so if anyone know of any fix please let me know.
I’ve not taken it to LR as knowing my lucky when I’m there it be working fine. Problem is completely random. I’ve given up on tuning the DAB as I keep losing the stations and even they are saved they never work as I can’t seem to get a signal in central London 

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
28-10-2013 12:28pm
RoadrunnerRR

(05-09-2013 06:46pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  As I posted in the other place, there is now a TOPIx SSM relating to this issue.

Reference SSM68017
Models Range Rover Sport / L320
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Discovery 4 / L319
Range Rover / L322
Range Rover Classic
Title Audio Loss/Crackle
Category Electrical
Last modified 05-Sep-2013 00:00:00
Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems
Content
Issue:
Customer failure mode is an intermittent 1-2s loss of audio in any source, which then recovers but can happen multiple times.
The occurrences may vary depending on location and proximity to transmitters in the UK.
Cause:
The issue first occurred on Wednesday 28th August and corresponds with a change in the UK Broadcast for TV Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) feature.
This issue appears only to affect vehicles fitted with the Lear Hybrid TV module.
The broadcast causes the TV module to carry out a reset which results in a temporary loss in audio, irrespective of which audio function is being used e.g. (Radio, CD, etc).
Action:
As a temporary measure and with customer approval it is possible to mask this drop out by setting the TV region to USA. However, this does prevent the TV from operating but provides a quick although temporary fix until a more permanent resolution can be found.
1. No parts are to be changed in an attempt to resolve this issue.
2. Disable TV by selecting USA region from the touchscreen
3. It is essential to perform a successful shut down of thevehicle electrical system, by ensuring the ignition system is off and not used for a minimum of 5 minutes. This ensures the TV records this as a 'last good state' and that the new region is stored when the vehicle is powered on.
4. This is a temporary solution until permanent fix can be established. JLR will communicate this permanent fix as soon as possible.

Hi All,

I had the software upgrade done last week on my L322 Vogue SE and it has made no difference. I wonder why it works ok on the Evoque and not on mine, I would have thought they both operated in the same way. Sad

Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
28-10-2013 05:35pm
PhilSkill

(28-10-2013 05:35pm)RoadrunnerRR Wrote:  Hi All,

I had the software upgrade done last week on my L322 Vogue SE and it has made no difference. I wonder why it works ok on the Evoque and not on mine, I would have thought they both operated in the same way. Sad

Does the USA TV change still work... if so I wonder if the Dealer actually did the update!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-10-2013 06:39pm
RoadrunnerRR

Hi, yes it does. I set it to the USA before it went in.

Now you mention it, the tv was still set to the USA. I will contact them tomorrow to confirm.

I bet they didn't bother.

28-10-2013 06:49pm
PhilSkill

Sounds like they "forgot"

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
28-10-2013 11:01pm
RoadrunnerRR

(28-10-2013 11:01pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Sounds like they "forgot"

That was the main thing it was booked in for. Laughing

I will find out tomorrow.

Is there any way of finding out which software my radio is running and what the new updated software is?

28-10-2013 11:08pm
PhilSkill

Only version i've seen so far is the one under the long press of the Valet button for the service menu, wouldn't hurt to check it before and after incase the update changes it, infact be good to know if it does.

28-10-2013 11:45pm