Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Radio cutting out

I have posted a question in Liam's section

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-09-2013 01:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(02-09-2013 01:16pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I have the 375W version and mine started doing this early last week, I don't get any crackle warnings first it just mutes for about 10-15 seconds on radio etc, and then all is ok.

Drove me crazy yesterday doing it every 10 mn's but today I drove the car for about 1 hour and it only happened once.. Very strange!!

Oh that sounds like you have the same issue too cutter, guess it's not strictly limited to the 825W version then, So the dealers need to inundated with calls and returns and that'll trigger LR into life to find a solution!

The oddity is people having crackling when the system if off, this is obviously a fault of some kind, Dab and Radio cutting out could be poor reception. I mainly use USB, and occasionally Dab. Often the System is off, never get any glitches or additional noise, actually never had DAB even drop out to be fair!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 02:21pm by PhilSkill.)
02-09-2013 02:05pm
Karljolly

Mine was in the dealer today to get this fixed.

Sadly they couldn't reproduce it is no joy yet!

They did mention that they were unaware of it as a problem so I gave them a copy of this thread...
02-09-2013 02:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Land Rover says it is also unaware of an issue - I received a reply from Liam's assistant/ stand-in Mike of in the Liam@Land River section.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-09-2013 06:09pm
x-isle

Hi all, I've been doing some digging around and think I know what the issue is and I've got a workaround.

To cut a long story short, it appears it's the DVB/DAB module maybe receiving channel update data that the module doesn't like and it's causing it to reset.

This issue started on the 27th August, the same time a new channel line up on freeview was released.

This is why it's happening mainly to cars with a TV. However, for those that are having it without a TV, I suspect the channel updates are also messing with just the DAB module.

This isn't a fix, but a workaround whilst LR work on a fix. Mine is going into Stafford Land Rover tonight for them to have a play. Apparently, it's now a well known issue so all dealers should be aware.

I've found that if you go into the Digital TV Settings and change the country to United States (or something other than UK), the problem goes away.

Of course, this means that the TV won't work, but at least everything else works without the DVB/DAB module resetting and causing the amp to also reset.

For those having the issue, give it a go and see if it does indeed stop the resets. Once you've changed the country, don't press any of the TV Channel Presets as this will automatically change the country back to the UK.

Craig Rogers

61 Orkney Grey (Black Pano Roof) Coupe Dynamic (Lux Pack)
07 Java Black Puma Defender 110 XS Station Wagon
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 06:42am by x-isle.)
03-09-2013 06:40am
DaveR

Re: Radio cutting out

Glad I read this. I was away on holiday all last week and was just about to book mine in for the same thing. 825w system which started to intermitantly crackle 7-8 times an hour and cut audio for 2-3 seconds with the crackle happening even with the audio turned off.

I'll hang back and watch this thread
03-09-2013 07:43am
PhilSkill

Certainly sounding very plausable x-isle, and would make sense since lots of people are getting the issue at the same time, still no problem with mine and I don't have the TV. Been using DAB the last couple of days to see if it happened.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-09-2013 09:17am
CRC@LandRover

Hi All,

If you are experiencing this fault please could I ask that your vehicle is booked into and taken to your local dealership.

The more information we can physically get off each vehicle the better.

Many Thanks

Mike

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
03-09-2013 02:33pm
Karljolly

Mike - took mine into Stratstones Mk. They couldn't reproduce it. I think they thought I was mad.

Incidentally I did the TV fix and it has solved the issue it seems.
03-09-2013 02:55pm
Tony

No issues yet but then I cannot get DAB unless I drive 125 miles East. FM is OK on the 3 1/2 channels I can pick up in my area. USB also OK.

We will be going into a DAB area this weekend so will see if it starts.

Tony
(location somewhere in the third world, no DAB and 'superfast' broadband @3mbs - on a good day!)

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
03-09-2013 04:57pm