Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Radio cutting out

Well mine starting doing tis today - totally ruined the concerts on R3. I haven't had any software updates since last March!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-08-2013 09:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

Welcome to the club! Unfortunately, it's not the sort of club you actually want to belong to.

Initial info seems it's only happening to the 825W Meridian system ...

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
31-08-2013 09:13pm
Barton Evoque

Mine seems to be trouble free at the moment,and is standard base model.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
31-08-2013 09:23pm
robohoughton

Ive had my car for one week and this was my first long drive in it and the radio cut out on DAB ALL THE time. VIrtually every 2 minutes and then nothing for 10 and then started again?? Any ideas of what the fault is??
R

(28-08-2013 03:52pm)musher Wrote:  Is anyone else experiencing their radio/music/tv sound keep cutting out on them. I only noticed it this morning travelling into work that every couple of minutes or so my radio would make a crackling noise then cut out for a few seconds before coming back on again and hasn't stopped doing it since. It's not just the radio that's doing this either, it's also doing it to the tv/Bluetooth basically by the sound of things anything connected to the sound system.

I just happened to be taking the car in to the dealer this afternoon for the fuel spill recall thing and thought i would mentioned it to them and asked whilst they had the car in, could they have a look for me. The service guy said funny I should mentioned about the radio as he has had a few other customers ringing in about the same thing and not all of them were Evoques either.

The thing that was even more spooky was whilst I was nosing around a new Evoque I thought why not so I turned the radio on and guess what, the brand new one in the showroom was doing exactly the same thing as mine. When it was time to pick mine up the service guy said that he had another couple of calls complaining about the same thing during the time i was in there.
31-08-2013 10:25pm
Acorn

(28-08-2013 03:52pm)musher Wrote:  Is anyone else experiencing their radio/music/tv sound keep cutting out on them. I only noticed it this morning travelling into work that every couple of minutes or so my radio would make a crackling noise then cut out for a few seconds before coming back on again and hasn't stopped doing it since. It's not just the radio that's doing this either, it's also doing it to the tv/Bluetooth basically by the sound of things anything connected to the sound system.

I just happened to be taking the car in to the dealer this afternoon for the fuel spill recall thing and thought i would mentioned it to them and asked whilst they had the car in, could they have a look for me. The service guy said funny I should mentioned about the radio as he has had a few other customers ringing in about the same thing and not all of them were Evoques either.

The thing that was even more spooky was whilst I was nosing around a new Evoque I thought why not so I turned the radio on and guess what, the brand new one in the showroom was doing exactly the same thing as mine. When it was time to pick mine up the service guy said that he had another couple of calls complaining about the same thing during the time i was in there.

Mine has done this on a couple of occasions. Did you get it sorted?

Mine has started doing this how do I get sorted, does anyone know??

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 11:30am by Acorn.)
01-09-2013 11:28am
Karljolly

Very weird.

Mine started doing this exact same thing last week, but seemingly the day after it was in for a dodgy hinge on the drivers door.

It makes the sound every couple of minutes and causes a sound drop out if the sound system is playing anything. It also does it when the sound is turned off!

It's back in the garage tomorrow as I complained that the minor repair work had obviously caused the problem! Oops.
01-09-2013 03:10pm
Shenley

Same in our car, I went food shopping (borrowed wife's car as mine is a 350z), don't generally listen to the radio etc., but on the way it crackled once. On the way home it crackled twice, I switched the radio on to the stored CD and it crackled followed by a second or two of nothing before carrying on.
825w system fitted.
Happened yesterday - Saturday.
Read this and thought mmmmmmmmm?

Arrived April and has had the alarm update shortly afterwards.

Just had a thought...... Does this coincide with the roll out of 4G???
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 05:16pm by Shenley.)
01-09-2013 05:14pm
Offroadstu

Mine started in July with this and I have the standard 325w radio. Got worse since then. Landrover have my car and are looking into it. At first they thought it was just my car doing it. lets wait and see what they come up with.

Loan car isn't doing it, also standard radio.
01-09-2013 06:29pm
Acorn

With regards to the crackling sound and the radio cutting out........ I uploaded two CD's without the engine running. After about 9 mins the radio switched off, which is correct and the upload stopped when I switched the ignition back on the upload started again, correct....could this be a reason for the cracking and cutting out??? I have deleted those two CD now (Yesterday) and reloaded with the engine running. I have not had time yet to cheeck if the cracking has returned I hope I have cured it!

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
01-09-2013 06:34pm
wokkaman

Radio cutting out

Mine started about 2 weeks ago, dab, iPod and Bluetooth phone... Did seem to be sametime as changing direction in car

RRS 5.0 SC, Santorini Black, Ebony, Privacy Glass, 360 Camera, Logic 7, TV, Heated Steering Wheel, Towpack
* Kawasaki ZX10R (05) - Green - Ohlins Damper, R&G Spindles, Hump
* Focus ST2 - Blue, side stripes
* Boeing Chinook HC2 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60 Machinegun Very Happy
01-09-2013 07:14pm