Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production problem - check your Evoque!
WB
WB

Production problem - check your Evoque!

I was at my dealer today and every one of the four Evoques they were prepping for collection had a flaw in the driver side rear quarter panel!

Unfortunately one of them is my new car!

I took some photos of two of the cars below and suggest anyone who has collected their car recently or is about to collect their car check for the same issue. Its like a blob (but its not just paint!) above the reverse light. It looks to be a problem with the welding I think. It looks small but is actually very noticeable and my eye was drawn to it immediately.

I'm sure the dealer will sort it out but I'm very disappointed that it will need to remedial work before I've taken delivery.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 09:53pm by WB.)
23-11-2012 09:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque!

Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 10:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-11-2012 10:13pm
andyc747

I'm collecting next week, what Spec is your Evoque & were the others the same - ie all Coupe or Pure?

Ordered 23/7/12 Dynamic SD4 Manual with Lux Pack, Firenze Red, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenon, Spare Wheel

Original Build Date as of 18/10 was 3/12/12, actual build date 14/11/12

Delivery - 21/11/12 Very Happy
23-11-2012 10:34pm
WB
WB

(23-11-2012 10:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

Couldn't agree more - not good enough LR! I was hoping my second Evoque would be even better!

(23-11-2012 10:34pm)andyc747 Wrote:  I'm collecting next week, what Spec is your Evoque & were the others the same - ie all Coupe or Pure?

All 4 we checked were 5 doors but a mix of 2 x pure, 1 x prestige and 1 x dynamic.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 10:47pm by WB.)
23-11-2012 10:46pm
BeemerBoy

Picking up at 11am so fingers crossed this isn't an issue for me!

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
24-11-2012 12:06am
Rxa

Picked mine up last weekend, I'll check in the morning and report back.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
24-11-2012 01:26am
Socrates

its been 2 weeks since i got my 2013 pure evoque in fuji white im going to check in the morning . but i did wash it and didnt see anything cuz im kinda see these things
24-11-2012 04:51am
eddkawasaki

(23-11-2012 10:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

I will have to check mine when i get home I hope it's ok as its getting detailed on 4th Dec.

I would not imagine QC would notice a small thing like that. They failed to notice that the TV did not work and there was no spare wheel in mine, although in their defence on the spare wheel, the tailgate did not open properly either so they probably couldn't see if it was there Laughing

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
24-11-2012 07:21am
BeemerBoy

Picked up today. No problems with mine at all - there is a slight blue line engrained into the leather on one of the fold in to the door - but it's less than half a centimetre and you would never notice Smile

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
24-11-2012 06:07pm
WB
WB

(24-11-2012 06:07pm)BeemerBoy Wrote:  Picked up today. No problems with mine at all - there is a slight blue line engrained into the leather on one of the fold in to the door - but it's less than half a centimetre and you would never notice Smile

Congrats!

Out of interest what is your build date on topix and is it a 5 door or coupe?
24-11-2012 06:37pm