babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Production problem - check your Evoque! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Production problem - check your Evoque! (/Thread-Production-problem-check-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Production problem - check your Evoque! - WB - 23-11-2012 09:47pm

I was at my dealer today and every one of the four Evoques they were prepping for collection had a flaw in the driver side rear quarter panel!

Unfortunately one of them is my new car!

I took some photos of two of the cars below and suggest anyone who has collected their car recently or is about to collect their car check for the same issue. Its like a blob (but its not just paint!) above the reverse light. It looks to be a problem with the welding I think. It looks small but is actually very noticeable and my eye was drawn to it immediately.

I'm sure the dealer will sort it out but I'm very disappointed that it will need to remedial work before I've taken delivery.

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - XFullFatTim - 23-11-2012 10:13pm

Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - andyc747 - 23-11-2012 10:34pm

I'm collecting next week, what Spec is your Evoque & were the others the same - ie all Coupe or Pure?

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - WB - 23-11-2012 10:46pm

(23-11-2012 10:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

Couldn't agree more - not good enough LR! I was hoping my second Evoque would be even better!

(23-11-2012 10:34pm)andyc747 Wrote:  I'm collecting next week, what Spec is your Evoque & were the others the same - ie all Coupe or Pure?

All 4 we checked were 5 doors but a mix of 2 x pure, 1 x prestige and 1 x dynamic.

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - BeemerBoy - 24-11-2012 12:06am

Picking up at 11am so fingers crossed this isn't an issue for me!

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - Rxa - 24-11-2012 01:26am

Picked mine up last weekend, I'll check in the morning and report back.

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - Socrates - 24-11-2012 04:51am

its been 2 weeks since i got my 2013 pure evoque in fuji white im going to check in the morning . but i did wash it and didnt see anything cuz im kinda see these things

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - eddkawasaki - 24-11-2012 07:21am

(23-11-2012 10:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could be that the die used to press the body panels is getting worn out. No excuse though as the laser checkers and the QC people should have picked it up - if you noticed then they should have seen it too

I will have to check mine when i get home I hope it's ok as its getting detailed on 4th Dec.

I would not imagine QC would notice a small thing like that. They failed to notice that the TV did not work and there was no spare wheel in mine, although in their defence on the spare wheel, the tailgate did not open properly either so they probably couldn't see if it was there Laughing

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - BeemerBoy - 24-11-2012 06:07pm

Picked up today. No problems with mine at all - there is a slight blue line engrained into the leather on one of the fold in to the door - but it's less than half a centimetre and you would never notice Smile

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque! - WB - 24-11-2012 06:37pm

(24-11-2012 06:07pm)BeemerBoy Wrote:  Picked up today. No problems with mine at all - there is a slight blue line engrained into the leather on one of the fold in to the door - but it's less than half a centimetre and you would never notice Smile

Congrats!

Out of interest what is your build date on topix and is it a 5 door or coupe?