Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production problem - check your Evoque!
Anorak

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque!

I have just joined the forum because I saw this thread. Panic stations.
I pick up mine as soon as it can be shipped to Australia. Its build date is right around the dates you've mentioned, first of the 2013 models. I will be unhappy if I have any rubbish flaws like those in the panels.
I am looking forward to seeing a flawless deep rich red finish straight from the factory to the level of quality only robotised processes can acheive. Nothing less. I am going to be torn if I am forced to drive it out of the dealership with rubbish touch ups like poor Jai.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
26-11-2012 11:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(26-11-2012 11:42pm)Anorak Wrote:  I have just joined the forum because I saw this thread. Panic stations.
I pick up mine as soon as it can be shipped to Australia. Its build date is right around the dates you've mentioned, first of the 2013 models. I will be unhappy if I have any rubbish flaws like those in the panels.
I am looking forward to seeing a flawless deep rich red finish straight from the factory to the level of quality only robotised processes can acheive. Nothing less. I am going to be torn if I am forced to drive it out of the dealership with rubbish touch ups like poor Jai.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed yours is ok. Do spend time checking it all over when it arrives.

Is yours a coupe or 5 door?
26-11-2012 11:45pm
Jai

I have since found 2 more defects on the front bumper, one on a fender and 1 on the boot. I am wondering what sort of compensation I should be requesting. I don't really want some 16 yr old apprentice repainting half the car (at this point it would be the entire front; bumper, bonnet, both fenders and the boot). I'm being fussy, but so I ought to be at AUD$97,000 worth of car. I've also noticed that the plastic wheel arch trims and the rear boot "spoiler" bit show where they have been pressed in to hard quite easily.. And with gloss plastic trim sealant it's even more noticeable. Where does it end? Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27-11-2012 04:12am
Jai

I've done another close inspection and I have about 15 imperfections in my paint. Most of these are on the passenger side and all look similar, a defect in the base coat before the clear was applied. Perhaps a dicky robot on the day was spattering just a little bit. Dealer appointment tomorrow so we'll see what happens. [Image: pabupuru.jpg]
[Image: y7e9a9a4.jpg][Image: ytysudat.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27-11-2012 12:01pm
DaveR

Re: Production problem - check your Evoque!

Jail

I had a mark like that on my drivers door. Supposed to be going back to dealer but I haven't heard anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
27-11-2012 06:28pm
WB
WB

Just spoke with LR Customer Care. They're organising a loan car for me as I've now sold my first Evoque while they investigate the issue.

Interestingly they mentioned that this was the first report of this issue. I struggle to understand how that can be when I spotted the flaw from probably 10 feet away as I walked up to the car.

I told them that all four 5 door Evoques at the dealer had the same issue and that several on here have been reported with the same flaw and build dates ranging from 6th Oct to 14th Nov.

The issue has now gone to engineering.
28-11-2012 11:55am
Anorak

(26-11-2012 11:45pm)WB Wrote:  Fingers crossed yours is ok. Do spend time checking it all over when it arrives.

Is yours a coupe or 5 door?

5 door. Ordered in July and might get before Christmas. Sweet timing as I get time to drive it.
The dealer is going to start asking questions as to what Im doing. Every stitch, panel gap, etc.
I have heard of all sorts of thing to look out for. This forum mostly.

The faults in the pics look like a problem with the steel rather than the press itself. A bit thin.
29-11-2012 11:35am
RichardW66

Picked up my Evoque 5 Door in Fuji White last week Thursday (22-11-12). It does not have any of the defects described in this post. I personally gave it a wash and polish on the weekend and double checked once I saw this post.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 11:56am by RichardW66.)
29-11-2012 11:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

Good grief!

Built 13th November

Incidentally, what's with the small bits of clear plastic (tape?) just above the lights (to the immediate right of the defect)?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 02:03pm by NightFox.)
29-11-2012 02:01pm
WB
WB

(29-11-2012 02:01pm)NightFox Wrote:  Good grief!

Built 13th November

Incidentally, what's with the small bits of clear plastic (tape?) just above the lights (to the immediate right of the defect)?

Not another one!!!

The tape is something to do with the rear lamps I think - don't try to remove it as its supposed to be there!

I have been speaking to LR Customer Care who have been very good so far and have now given me a loan Evoque until my new one is inspected by engineering and sorted to my satisfaction.

I suggest you get on to your dealer and LR CS straight away as they have not yet admitted that this is a widespread fault so the more reports they get the better.

(29-11-2012 11:56am)RichardW66 Wrote:  Picked up my Evoque 5 Door in Fuji White last week Thursday (22-11-12). It does not have any of the defects described in this post. I personally gave it a wash and polish on the weekend and double checked once I saw this post.

What's your build date out of interest and could you post a pic of your driver side rear wing where it meets the tailgate - same as the others on here please. Congratulations by the way!!
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 02:41pm by WB.)
29-11-2012 02:34pm