Standard headlamps on a Pure
daveo

RE: Standard headlamps on a Pure

Halogens are fine... Xenons too expensive
09-02-2013 02:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

I found the halogens quite weak, to the point I wasn't sure they were on the 1st time I used them and got out to check. They certainly aren't as bright as the halogens on my previous A4. I think one of the reasons is that they are designed to look like te xenons when not in use, which compromises their brightness somewhat. I got used to them, but would spec the xenons if I could as they're much brighter
09-02-2013 02:42pm
J77

They are halogen projector lights which LR introduced on the 11my Fl2, they were supposed to be better than the previous halogens, but hasn't quite worked. They are not the brightest but not dull enough to waste the best part of £1k on xenons, something that should be standard on a car of this 'prestige'.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
09-02-2013 03:15pm
Teetree

Standard headlamps on a Pure

(09-02-2013 09:51am)vinny Wrote:  I found my xenons were set just a bit low like where I wanted to look on a dark road was just beyond the cut off point of the beam pattern.A couple of turns on the adjusting screw made a massive difference and now they are spot on,anybody else find this is the case?
Nobody is flashing me so they must be fine,wonder if they were set a bit low at the factory?or possibly because there is nobody ever in the back and boot is always empty.

I ve found it slightly low I guess and a little higher for further range would be better but when behind other cars the top of the beam just comes up to the bottom edge of the average car rear screen which I guess is correct otherwise any higher may dazzle the driver in front and drivers traveling in opposite direction.

I specced the xenons 60% for the signature drl. Pricey but I think the look it gives is worth it (although my wife disagreed at the time of ordering but does now admit it was a good choice) ...and at the same time u get a brighter beam too of course

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
10-02-2013 10:09am