Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
cjfp

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Further to last nights formatting of my 16gb stick with AUS of 64kb, I have only loaded 8gb of music onto itm, but it looks promising - loaded up in seconds rather than the 1 - 2 minute wait I've been used to. I will do more tests later but initially filling this stick and then if that works well, I will do similar to my 32gb stick.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-09-2012 07:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

So it working for you with the larger Allocation size? I'll try reformatting mine up from the 16k that initially worked. Perhaps it was using diskpart to clean and re partition the drive before formatting that cured the original problem of the drive not being recognised.
08-09-2012 08:22am
cjfp

Tried someones 32gb stick at the meet today and it loaded in my car in about 4 secs! Based on that and on my findings after reformatting my 16gb stick (about 10 secs to load, down from about 1 minute), I am going to reformat my 32gb stick and see if it gets better than the current two minute load time !

------------------------------------------
32gb stick with 23gb music - load time down to 38secs - better but still not great. More work to be done me thinks.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 07:27pm by cjfp.)
08-09-2012 05:06pm
Evo-king

Just buy the Mymemory 32gb stick, you know it makes sense.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-09-2012 06:17pm
cjfp

Evo-king - thanks for the lend of your stick. If my faffing doesn't work then I will, I just really want my small unobtrusive stick to work as I know that a larger one will cause me angst when I snap it in the port or similar !

08-09-2012 06:36pm
Evo-king

CJFP. Thank heavens this is a forum about cars, because your wording in the last post is quite risque, or maybe my sense of humour needs diluting.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-09-2012 08:56pm
cjfp

The latter ! Laughing

08-09-2012 09:11pm
tron515

Can I just correct people assuming that DISKPART is used to control Disk Partitions and Volumes:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415
It may appear to wipe a disk, but using software hard drive data recovery tool you can recover maybe some or all of the data. Formatting low level inserting random data with special software will prevent your personal data from being recovered.

Used DISKPART to change partition and volumes
Format just to wipe and change allocations size.

Further to this allocations size I formatted my 500GB HDD with a piece of FAT32 Formatting software I downloaded free on the internet and set the allocation size to default.

My music plays well, and I can watch videos from my HDD, I watched series 1 of Red Dwarf whilst waiting for the ferry. The only problem every 20mins I had to turn the unit back on.

Sometimes it takes longer to read the HDD when 1st starting up my Evoque about 10secs or so, and sometimes I have notice it say "please connect USB" for a cojple of mins then says "connecting device" then carries on from where it left off.

Tron515, if it isn't technical it might not happen.

Pure SD4 Automatic, 4WD, Tech Pack, Indus Silver, Ebony Grained Leather.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 12:10pm by tron515.)
11-09-2012 12:06pm
Teetree

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

(06-09-2012 09:41am)PhilSkill Wrote:  My 16Gb Cruzer Fit doesn't work either, locks up while playing.

If it wont read at all, You could try low level reformatting it in FAT32, will take hours!

I've got an 8gig cruzer fit and it seems to play ok (so far anyway!). Plugged it in the USB port and the car recognised it straight away and began to play the music.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
12-09-2012 04:44pm
Barton Evoque

Just plugged my memory stick it.loads of albums loaded on it but i can only get it to show 1 album (madonna) how do i access all the others ? i did format the disc first to fat32.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
17-09-2012 07:34pm