Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
cjfp

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Maybe it can only handle a certain number of files in a single folder ? Try splitting it down into a number of folders, say a-e, f-j etc. My 32gb has artist / album / songs and works fine - apart from the rare taking about 1.5 - 2 mins to initially connect to the stick.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-08-2012 08:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tron515

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

How many track/files on yours, total space used on disk, and when you browse them all do you see all the files?
If it can only handle a max number what is it and is due to memory, the audi I had could show them all, and my skoda, this should do them same, as I wish to shuffle / pllay all my music, not just one folder, as for long journeys of several hours as I live in Germany, and when I drove down to Bavaria we was losing the plot with the lack of variation :0(

Tron515, if it isn't technical it might not happen.

Pure SD4 Automatic, 4WD, Tech Pack, Indus Silver, Ebony Grained Leather.
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 11:32am by tron515.)
25-08-2012 11:29am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How on earth can you concentrate on driving the car and look at all these files you want to sort at the same time? I think all these additional functions people want are the cause of far more road accidents than we think with people being distracted from the job they are doing to concentrate of such trivia as sorting out music files while driving - and don't blame the passengers. Nobody who gets into my car is allowed to adjust any setting on anything except the heater for their side of the car and the seat height/ back reach. I hate other people playing with the buttons and settings while I'm driving.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 12:33pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-08-2012 12:30pm
Evo-king

+1 there Tim.

I thought that was what 'shuffle' invented for!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-08-2012 03:36pm
tron515

Yes I don't play and browse the music whilst driving, just when I drove round Bavaria we noticed the same song came around all to frequently, so whilst stopped I browsed the music and noticed just over half of it is missing.

XFullFatTim please don't be quick to judge me, I'm just trying to find a solution to this problem, as it bugs me and I can't brush it under the carpet.

25-08-2012 04:33pm
PhilSkill

Even when I was using my 250Gb HD Drive (I stopped because it would lock up) never had tracks missing, But like cjfp I've always had it split into folders Genre / Artists / Albums. So maybe a number of tracks per folder limit...?

It simply plays through the the folders track by track, so no need to be browsing while driving, when one album finishes the next starts, and so on for artists...

Only thing that's annoying is the volume differences in albums, any good ways to volume level all the music?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-08-2012 05:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Would creating a playlist in iTunes or WMP before setting out help get round the problem?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2012 09:23am
tron515

(26-08-2012 09:23am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Would creating a playlist in iTunes or WMP before setting out help get round the problem?

Neggers Cheggers, it's a plain and simple HDD with folder full of WMA or MP3 music, the evoque does not read and interpret itunes or Win Music Player playlist files. Only Apple devices read iTunes files, you would have to then probably get a version of either iTunes or Win Media Player that runs on a Java kernel or this balckberry type OS we seem to have in the Evoque, not surpassing the fact of how to install it onto the car as well.
Cjfp and Philskill, I took you advice and split the music files into several folders, and when I now browse the the folders, in a parked up position with the vehicle in park lol, I can see all the files in each folder, hopefully now if I browse to the root folder it will shuffle the whole lot.

Have a bit of a drive to the UK coming up, as I upsticks back to the UK.

I normallised the whole of my music collection using a sound file converter called, "Switch Sound File Converter" it works very well and converts between different formats.

I also Got hold of a piece of video conversion software called "4Videosoft MKV Video Converter" it can convert almost anything to anything including xvid and divx, I converted some music videos as they are quite short and they play brilliantly from my HDD, so I will have to convert some tv episodes to watch whilst I am sat waiting for the ferry etc, something you definatly can't do whilst driving, as it switches off the screen but you can still here the sound, so ok for music vids lol.

(This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 11:10am by tron515.)
26-08-2012 10:21am
PhilSkill

Cheers tron, I'll have a look into Switch Sound file converter be great to normalise the volumes, havent yet tried my newly formatted 32gb stick, since I forgot it today Rolling Eyes

So it looks like there is a number of files per folder limit then! Hope that sorts your problems

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 11:28pm by PhilSkill.)
26-08-2012 11:26pm
tron515

Have to wait as the wife has robbed it and left me with the mini, some excuse about taking loads of stuff to the dump and the extendable pole to reach the cobwebs at the to of the stairwell she got from work. I said she could put the back seats of the mini down and bungie the pole to the outside of the mini and start a new form of jousting lol

Have a full test when I drive all the way back to the uk.

I'm a little bit dissapointed and I have to admit it is my only problem with Evoque, is this files per folder issue, all the VAG (VW Audi Group) cars and the mini do not have this problem, the only problem with the mini is it doesn't like HDD.

Oh well, I blame my job for making me fastidious sometimes lol.

Time to vaseline the seats and sit in it naked with a few super models whilst I test the music lol

27-08-2012 01:59pm