babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket (/Thread-List-of-Memory-sticks-micro-drives-that-will-will-not-work-in-Evoque-s-USB-socket)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - XFullFatTim - 06-04-2012 04:34pm

Please post which brands of memory stick, portable hard-drives and micro drives you find work or don't work and I or one of the other mods will edit them into a single post list

Will work:
Evoque branded 4Gb memory stick from Land Rover dealers (works for some and not others!)
SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB Flash Drive
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB

Wont Work or not recommended
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB (not recommended - see post below by Phillskill)
Evoque branded 4Gb memory stick from Land Rover dealers (for some)

BTW You guys will have to tell me because I don't use them in the car................................... I'm a dedicated Radio 4 and Radio 3 listener and don't need any other entertainment in the car, although I can, and sometimes do, link up my iPhone to listen to audio books when the repeats on R4 come round for the 3rd or 4th time and the music on R3 is just a bit too high brow for my tastes

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - pureevoque - 06-04-2012 05:31pm

Does work - well ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FYNSZA/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Donny Dog - 06-04-2012 09:22pm

SanDisk Cruzer Blade - works well, and you get 16 GB for about £7.

Edit: Just looked at the Amazon link above which has a similar name - the Cruzer Blade is different, and somewhat cheaper, but I don't know what technical differences there may be. (It is also tiny, the smallest flash drive I've ever seen).

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - PhilSkill - 06-04-2012 11:00pm

(06-04-2012 09:22pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  SanDisk Cruzer Blade - works well, and you get 16 GB for about £7.

Edit: Just looked at the Amazon link above which has a similar name - the Cruzer Blade is different, and somewhat cheaper, but I don't know what technical differences there may be. (It is also tiny, the smallest flash drive I've ever seen).

My 32gb SanDisk Cruzer Blade barely plays anything before saying Connect device. Pic of it on another thread in this section.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - integsci - 13-04-2012 04:08pm

found these online , look the part ...
http://cpc.farnell.com/click-car/660189/usb-drive-range-rover-evoque-4gb/dp/CS22481?Ntt=cs2248101&whydiditmatch=clone&matchedProduct=cs2248101

new here myself , so hi everyone .

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - XFullFatTim - 13-04-2012 04:24pm

Welcome to the forum Integsci, I have one of those I haven't yet tried it in the USB port, it is a little big and I doubt it would fit without folding the car over so you can close the cubby box lid

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - SINGHY - 13-04-2012 04:29pm

Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - cjfp - 13-04-2012 04:36pm

about £450 !

You can browse a USB stick but it is not the best - hopefully LR will sort this via a software update.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - integsci - 13-04-2012 05:59pm

(13-04-2012 04:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Integsci, I have one of those I haven't yet tried it in the USB port, it is a little big and I doubt it would fit without folding the car over so you can close the cubby box lid

thanks tim . havent got my evoque yet so not sure about the fit . it might not even work that well which would be ironic .

roll on september so i can find out .

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - PhilSkill - 13-04-2012 08:11pm

(13-04-2012 04:29pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

Hi Singhy

On a USB stick you browse the folder structure you create on the stick down to track level. So you can create Genre's, Artists, Albums as folders which is how I do it.

There is one annoying thing, to get folders/albums in alphabetical order you have to run a program over the Disk/Stick to alphabeticize it after any change to the content.

See http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Alphabetical-USB-Disk-Stick?highlight=fatsorter