Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels?
stef.c

How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels?

In the manual its says to do this for everything - oil, brake fluid, washer fluid, engine coolant etc EVERY WEEK. However I am pretty certain this is overkill. Especially given the self diagnoses the Evoque should have on all of these.

Can any one confirm that it is OK to leave all of these unless there is a warning onboard? I guess I will check oil on the dip stick once a month but other than that....

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
11-07-2012 12:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels?

Never! But I wouldn't recommend this approach!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-07-2012 12:14pm
MartinP

Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-07-2012 12:30pm
stiggz

I'd have to agree with Token there. You probably should check every month or so i'll most likely be checking when the oil low light comes on.

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
11-07-2012 12:37pm
stef.c

(11-07-2012 12:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

God, you guys are slack!!! Haha. Yeah I guess it 'should' be OK to leave things until there is a warning or whatever. I just want to make sure I am doing half decent maintenance so as to keep it in tip top condish.

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
11-07-2012 12:38pm
KaDargo

(11-07-2012 12:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

Had mine 2 months now, and I admit I tyhought about it the other day, but it was raining.....................Laughing

The only thing I topped up on the last car was the washer fluid when it ran out!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
11-07-2012 12:53pm
Evo-king

Only raised the bonnet once, I have necessary fluids in the garage, but tend to rely on the sensors on board.

Not very clever really.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-07-2012 01:35pm
PhilSkill

Diesel Engine can use a bit of Oil while bedding in, Don't wait till your oil pressure light comes on... Do we have an Oil level sensor? See the thread for oil purchases!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-07-2012 02:01pm
Token

Laughing

Surely as a Range Rover owner you have a chap on standby to open the bonnet for you?????

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-07-2012 02:37pm
doug

So are you telling me that your not checking your tyres & lights each day as well Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-07-2012 03:48pm