Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels?
Token

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels?

(11-07-2012 03:48pm)doug Wrote:  So are you telling me that your not checking your tyres & lights each day as well Wink

Oops!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-07-2012 04:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stef.c

(11-07-2012 03:48pm)doug Wrote:  So are you telling me that your not checking your tyres & lights each day as well Wink

Many many emails of mockery and derision! I will be the one laughing when I sail past you on my well oiled machine when you're all broken down on the motorway!!!

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
11-07-2012 04:21pm
Token

(11-07-2012 04:21pm)stef.c Wrote:  Many many emails of mockery and derision! I will be the one laughing when I sail past you on my well oiled machine when you're all broken down on the motorway!!!

Ha ha...not mockery and derision at all...just an admission that we are all completely hopeless and deserve to break down!! Of course we should all be checking all of this stuff...it's funny, on my motorbike I check it all religiously, with a car I take a different religious approach...I just pray that it will be ok!

A note of warning though...you are aware that you've bought a Land Rover, right? And as such, any belief that checking levels will avoid a breakdown is of course fundamentally flawed!! Confused

In fact, I'd be quite inclined to check that the wheel nuts are tighted correctly...especially once it has been for a service at a LR dealer! I love them really!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-07-2012 04:39pm
stef.c

(11-07-2012 04:39pm)Token Wrote:  Ha ha...not mockery and derision at all...just an admission that we are all completely hopeless and deserve to break down!! Of course we should all be checking all of this stuff...it's funny, on my motorbike I check it all religiously, with a car I take a different religious approach...I just pray that it will be ok!

A note of warning though...you are aware that you've bought a Land Rover, right? And as such, any belief that checking levels will avoid a breakdown is of course fundamentally flawed!! Confused

In fact, I'd be quite inclined to check that the wheel nuts are tighted correctly...especially once it has been for a service at a LR dealer! I love them really!

Good tip!!

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
11-07-2012 04:54pm
ChuckieB

(11-07-2012 02:01pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Diesel Engine can use a bit of Oil while bedding in, Don't wait till your oil pressure light comes on... Do we have an Oil level sensor? See the thread for oil purchases!

Well over a litre used in 7000 miles. Now getting used to the frequency with which I need to check it!

Had a scooby once that ran out of oil. There was no prior warning until it failed. I reckon it wasn't my fault as the bloke who ran it before me had thrashed it from new.

This is the first car that I have had from new that goes through oil but I certainly won't be leaving it unchecked!

Only checked the trye pressures once though... perhaps I ought?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
11-07-2012 05:41pm
FL2BJW

I cannot believe that you all spent well over £30k on a car and don't check it! Particularly when its new as they tend to use more oil for the first few thousand miles. I must be old school as I check tyres, levels etc about once a month. Not so hot on the cleaning now at about three monthly.
11-07-2012 06:21pm
fam1x

Oh no does that mean I need to get a car engineer. I've never open the bonet of any of my others cars, so why would I need to on this... Whole point of buying a new car surely means you don't have to worry until the warrenttee runs out hehehe

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
11-07-2012 11:06pm
speary

If your oil warning light comes on its usually too late Shocked. At least they have a dipstick, my last Audi A5 relied on an electronic leve guage and I was never confident that the level was correct

It only take a couple on minutes to whip out your stick and give it a wipe, do it regularly and it wont end in tears Big Cry

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
12-07-2012 12:48pm
doug

I did try topping up my oil, but I couldn't get any oil down the hole the drip stick was in Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-07-2012 07:46pm
Evo-king

OK, so this morning, I did the responsible thing and lifted the bonnet, only for the second time, Sunday mornings will now have a regular ritual of fluids checking/tyre kicking etc from this point on.

Anyhow, this wonderful twisted dipstick we diesel owners have, not the most helpful of devices is it. So checking the oil level from cold on a flat surface, dipstick wiped clean and reinserted to check levels. When I pull the dipstick out I can see oil on the dipstic by the two notches, but there is so much oil clinging to the rest of the once cleaned dipstick that is is hard to get a true reading. I'm content that there is enough oil at the notches level to know the oil level is OK.

Anyone encountered similar or am I reinserting dipstick wrongly? It only seems to go in successfully, if twisted.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-07-2012 01:06pm