babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? (/Thread-How-Often-Do-You-Check-Fluid-Levels)

Pages: 1 2 3

How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - stef.c - 11-07-2012 12:08pm

In the manual its says to do this for everything - oil, brake fluid, washer fluid, engine coolant etc EVERY WEEK. However I am pretty certain this is overkill. Especially given the self diagnoses the Evoque should have on all of these.

Can any one confirm that it is OK to leave all of these unless there is a warning onboard? I guess I will check oil on the dip stick once a month but other than that....

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - Token - 11-07-2012 12:14pm

Never! But I wouldn't recommend this approach!

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - MartinP - 11-07-2012 12:30pm

Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - stiggz - 11-07-2012 12:37pm

I'd have to agree with Token there. You probably should check every month or so i'll most likely be checking when the oil low light comes on.

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - stef.c - 11-07-2012 12:38pm

(11-07-2012 12:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

God, you guys are slack!!! Haha. Yeah I guess it 'should' be OK to leave things until there is a warning or whatever. I just want to make sure I am doing half decent maintenance so as to keep it in tip top condish.

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - KaDargo - 11-07-2012 12:53pm

(11-07-2012 12:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  Oooopps.....I don't think I've looked under the bonnet yet! Anybody know where the lever is?

Had mine 2 months now, and I admit I tyhought about it the other day, but it was raining.....................Laughing

The only thing I topped up on the last car was the washer fluid when it ran out!

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - Evo-king - 11-07-2012 01:35pm

Only raised the bonnet once, I have necessary fluids in the garage, but tend to rely on the sensors on board.

Not very clever really.

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - PhilSkill - 11-07-2012 02:01pm

Diesel Engine can use a bit of Oil while bedding in, Don't wait till your oil pressure light comes on... Do we have an Oil level sensor? See the thread for oil purchases!

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - Token - 11-07-2012 02:37pm

Laughing

Surely as a Range Rover owner you have a chap on standby to open the bonnet for you?????

RE: How Often Do You Check Fluid Levels? - doug - 11-07-2012 03:48pm

So are you telling me that your not checking your tyres & lights each day as well Wink