Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High pitched whine from behind grill
Aussievoque

RE: High pitched whine from behind grill

Someone from LR must be able to answer what it is. I just spent the afternoon washing mine and it made that noise the whole time, nearly drove me nuts. I tried everything to shut it off - opened the doors, closed the doors, locked the doors, then double locked, then moved the keys so they were at least 20 yards away from the car but it kept on making the noise for the full hour I was washing the car. Other than being really annoying whatever it is must be placing a drain on the battery if it is operating as long as it was.
After washing the car I moved the car into the garage and now it is silent - wtf???

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
29-01-2012 07:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It was purring to you while you gave it some TLC................................ when you put it in the garage, out of sight, it started to sulk - just like a supermodel would when nobody looked at her

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 11:27am by XFullFatTim.)
29-01-2012 11:26am
Aussievoque

(29-01-2012 11:26am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It was purring to you while you gave it some TLC................................ when you put it in the garage, out of sight, it started to sulk - just like a supermodel would when nobody looked at her

I peek at her every now and then......Embarrassed

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
29-01-2012 11:44am
cjfp

Funny ... Tonight, after having owned my FL2 for 2 years, whilst inflating the tyres, I noticed the exact same whine coming from the engine bay as does from the Evoque .... just quite a bit quieter !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-09-2012 08:15pm
SiT

It's just letting you know it's still there and wondering why your not taking out for a drive again Smile
07-09-2012 10:37pm
cjfp

It's ok, I've opened the bonnet and let the wife out now !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-09-2012 10:52pm
Neo

High pitched whine from behind grill

Lol really funny!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
08-09-2012 05:52am
praj

I have got a new Range Rover Evoque. SD4 diesel. It makes the same whine after I stop the engine and before starting the engine. Dealer says that's normal. But I hate that noise...I have never heard in any other cars. Disappointed with my range rover..

Ranger Rover Evoque, SD4 pure, automatic with panoramic roof, in baltic blue
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 04:55am by praj.)
24-09-2013 04:54am
speary

(24-09-2013 04:54am)praj Wrote:  I have got a new Range Rover Evoque. SD4 diesel. It makes the same whine after I stop the engine and before starting the engine. Dealer says that's normal. But I hate that noise...I have never heard in any other cars. Disappointed with my range rover..

We all make little whining noises now and again so I presume you are disappointed with everybody
You will get used to it to the point where you won't even notice it
Get out there and drive and stop whining Laughing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
24-09-2013 08:31am
praj

thanks speary.
can you please tell me whether your evoque makes the same whining noise as well ?

Ranger Rover Evoque, SD4 pure, automatic with panoramic roof, in baltic blue
24-09-2013 08:52am