Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worrying Water Trap
PhilSkill

RE: Worrying Water Trap

Hi Doug

Dealer removed the seals on both sides and found no sign of any rust... Question

So they say they've cleaned everything behind and refitted the seals and see how it goes. It has to go back next month as I'd found the trim between the 2 seals across the top was loose and rattling, but they didn't have the right spec.

Not had a chance to inspect the work yet though, been flat out since collecting the car.

Jigray, I don't have this issue as with the electric tailgate you've left the area as soon as you've pressed the button. Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-11-2013 11:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(07-11-2013 11:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Doug

Dealer removed the seals on both sides and found no sign of any rust... Question

So they say they've cleaned everything behind and refitted the seals and see how it goes. It has to go back next month as I'd found the trim between the 2 seals across the top was loose and rattling, but they didn't have the right spec.

Not had a chance to inspect the work yet though, been flat out since collecting the car.

Jigray, I don't have this issue as with the electric tailgate you've left the area as soon as you've pressed the button. Wink

Phil,

There is a revised part for this top trim, it has soft rubber corners to stop it rattleing against the door and 4 clips to lock it down firm. Stopped the rattle on mine.

When I get a chance I will photograph the revised trim and post.

There is also a revised bottom trim to miss the tailgate latch as it closes, another source of rattles.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 08:09pm by Tony.)
08-11-2013 10:12am
infinity

(08-11-2013 10:12am)Tony Wrote:  Phil,

There is a revised part for this top trim, it has soft rubber corners to stop it rattleing against the door and I think about clips to lock it down firm. Stopped the rattle on mine.

There is also a revised bottom trim to miss the tailgate latch as it closes, another source of rattles.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Do share the photo because I have this irritating creaking noise from the tailgate too. Thanks.
08-11-2013 11:58am
PhilSkill

(08-11-2013 10:12am)Tony Wrote:  Phil,

There is a revised part for this top trim, it has soft rubber corners to stop it rattleing against the door and I think about clips to lock it down firm. Stopped the rattle on mine.

Tony

Thanks! That's Interesting Tony, I'll see what they do when it goes back. But pics would be handy.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
10-11-2013 07:39pm
Tony

(10-11-2013 07:39pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Thanks! That's Interesting Tony, I'll see what they do when it goes back. But pics would be handy.

Phil,

Sorry, got waylaid on many other jobs, only time the camera has been used this week was for todays village Rememberance Day service, local newsletter etc.etc. so much for retirement!.

Will try and post photos tomorrow.

On a possitive note, two weeks on from fitting and no rattles from the hatch area. Should I really have posted that!! tempting fate!

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
10-11-2013 07:49pm
PhilSkill

No problem Tony, been crazy busy myself recently, not going to stop soon either.. Sad

10-11-2013 07:53pm
cjfp

Looked at mine and i see what you mean. Luckily mine does seem to empty very slowly and is still running clear. Bad design.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-11-2013 08:01am
Tony

(10-11-2013 07:39pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Thanks! That's Interesting Tony, I'll see what they do when it goes back. But pics would be handy.

Phil,

Photos of revised top and bottom hatch trim.

The top trim is now secured with four fastners and the top corners are now soft rubber.

The bottom trim has a larger cutaway (bottom edge) to miss the door catch mechanism.

This is for the 5 door, coupe may be different due to the shallower hatch.

Tony

12-11-2013 11:02am
infinity

(12-11-2013 11:02am)Tony Wrote:  Phil,

Photos of revised top and bottom hatch trim.

The top trim is now secured with four fastners and the top corners are now soft rubber.

The bottom trim has a larger cutaway (bottom edge) to miss the door catch mechanism.

This is for the 5 door, coupe may be different due to the shallower hatch.

Tony

Thanks for the pics. Really useful.
12-11-2013 01:27pm