Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone considered contacting the media?
ED209

All of us have read many many positive reviews of the evoque in the papers and motoring press. Thing is i have never read one word about the shambolic state of delays etc that a lot of people are experiencing.

I havent been directly afected (as far as i know) but have any of you who have been considered contacting the media to put across that everything isnt all rosy with the evoque?

A negative article might prompt a reaction from LR?
23-10-2011 02:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mywillia

RE: Has anyone considered contacting the media?

Or they might put mine to the back of the queueLaughing

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
23-10-2011 02:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe to Watchdog - it would get far bigger coverage than writing to a motoring column in a newspaper.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2011 02:38pm
mark_n

I started a thread in Autocar on the news forum but it quickly drowned in all the other stuff. Trouble is, the mags are hardly likely to dish the dirt and kiss good he to their ad revenue from LR. It's called being over a barrel.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-10-2011 02:43pm
Token

Having the problems in the media won't make any difference to LR...they will be doing everything they can to sort things out, they will need the cash flow to fund the development of the new Defender and FFRR so delays are just as bad for them as they are for us...so why would we want to give LR a bad name and damage the brand, which in turn may damage residuals??

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
23-10-2011 02:56pm
ceebee

I was told my pure would be here in march 2012 when I placed the order in May. However, I pick it up on Tuesday next week, so it's not all bad news as some are getting theirs earlier than expected.

I know that I am extremely fortunate and I really do sympathise with everyone who has been delayed. I think mine is early as it is quite a basic spec, so I was a lot less effected by supply problems on certain items.

You may find that as time goes on and the problems get sorted he dates may start coming forward once everything at Halewood is in full flow?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
23-10-2011 03:10pm
Blackseries

I appreciate this situation isn’t ideal but this state of affairs is not unique ...... I have pre-ordered quite a few 1st edition cars such as MB SLK, M Class, R Class BMW Mini, Fiat 500 and the Audi TT and all of these cars had delays when they first came off the line (with the Mk1 SLK it was over a year!). The difference with those cars was there wasn’t this near hysterical minute by minute examination of what was going on with the production line through the medium of the internet. Building a car is not like waiting for the delivery of a software update, it is a massive logistical and quality control exercise and being the first to take delivery there WILL be issues. I think the only thing which seems to have muddied the waters is the lack of transparency at the dealers i.e. when you are told you are 10th in the queue you sort of expect to get your car before number 11 ..... which doesn’t appear to be happening . Having said that this situation could have occurred in the past but without active forums like this we just weren’t aware of it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 03:38pm by Blackseries.)
23-10-2011 03:24pm
Token

+1

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
23-10-2011 03:35pm
vcruiser

These types of delays happen more than often to many car companies. Be patient!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
23-10-2011 03:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The internet has a lot to answer for - just shows how important good information flows are.
As well as the marques listed by Blackseries I can add Volvo V40 when it was launched had 5 months delivery time (it was because of that I bought my first Land Rover!), Volvo C30, Volvo XC90 (remember a whole year's supply of them sank to the bottom of the English Channel weeks before the UK launch along with a huge number of 3 series BMW's and Saab's? ) , Audi TT was well over a year wait at launch (and then they all got recalled to have a spoiler added), Porsche Cayenne and Cayman suffered extended delivery, BMW X5 Mk1, X3 as well. Lead in time for a Morgan is still something like 4 years(due to archaic build methods) and nobody complains, they just order their next one when they take delivery of the first! Currently if you want a Subaru Forrester or Legacy you are looking at 8-10 months delay on a factory order and there is uproar with Aston Martin owners because they cannot drive off straight away from the dealership in their optional extra Cygnet (read Toyota IQ) they are having to wait a few months for it to be converted from the Toyota. LR's situation isn't all it's own making either, and it will be costing a supplier somewhere a lot in compensation. No real compensation to those who are waiting I know and you have my sympathy, at least the car has turned out to be well worth any wait.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2011 04:27pm