Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone considered contacting the media?
bluebear

RE: Has anyone considered contacting the media?

The biggest issue I have is the inconsistency of the orders coming through. What reason is there to build one car vs another?

The original schedule as I understand was that LR built based on margin first, so Prestige and Dynamic first. Fair enough, at least it's a logic, albeit not one I agree with. Then we had issues with paint, pano roof, xenons and doors because of one reason or another and a very sad event at the factory which had an understandable impact. The one thing I have never heard is they will be built based on order dates.

Car coming through now appear to be of any derivative and with/without many of the affected parts. I just do not understand their production logic at all. Yes this is a bit of a whinge because I don't have a definite date yet despite my deposit being down for a year. Happy for all you guys who have yours and look forward to joining the club.........sometime soon I hope!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
24-10-2011 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brakedwell

Audi and BMW must be enjoying this.

Will order a 2i4 Manual Prestige when it becomes available, hopefully with 300bhp.
24-10-2011 04:02pm
mark_n

Incredible to have put a deposit down a year ago and still no date. I thought my situation was bad enough...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-10-2011 10:58pm
vision*R

Same situation here bluebear! Deposit down in January, still no date. I was told delivery would be in December.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
24-10-2011 11:02pm
PhilSkill

(24-10-2011 04:02pm)brakedwell Wrote:  Audi and BMW must be enjoying this.

Try ordering an Audi Q3...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-10-2011 11:15pm
mark_n

(24-10-2011 11:15pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Try ordering an Audi Q3...

Err..., no thanks.

Really, are they on long lead times as well? What is it about Audis?

I know they are being built at a Seat site near Barcelona but with its similarity to the Tiguan under the covers and the same range of engines, you'd think the mighty VW empire would be able to deliver.

Mark

25-10-2011 07:15am
Urban Splash

Uk customers always have the longest to wait for Audis. Mainly because we are stupid enough to accept it. People are so desperate to get into a q5, they are happy to wait over a year....

I don't understand the uk's obsession with damn Audis!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
25-10-2011 08:27am
Token

Some perspective in this article...

http://www.motor-trade-insider.com/index...facturers/

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-10-2011 08:46am
Acwats

There's a quarter page article in this week's Autocar. Sounds like they've picked up on a forum users case.
I can't find a web link but as usual comments from LR are guarded and unconvincing.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
10-11-2011 07:58am
mark_n

Token's link and the articles referred to in it are interesting. Looking further, there's an argument that the UK market is being starved of cars because of the low value of the pound against the euro and this applies to both European and domestic manufacturers.

For European manufacturers, they have to keep their UK prices down to get sales and profits suffer compared to selling them elsewhere. Case in point. My 911 turbo cost £115k in 2009 and the exact same car/specification in the dealership next to the factory was €169k. It's clear the profit to Porsche of selling cars in Europe is much greater than selling them in the UK, so why not divert production from the UK?

It works the same for LR products too. If they can take advantage of the weak pound to sell elsewhere at a higher profit compared to the UK, the obvious thing to do is to restrict production for the UK, to the frustration of scum like me. We see reports of lots of cars going for export and there's no doubt cars are being churned out but the UK market is being starved.

That, I think, is the real reason for the (as we see it) chaotic supply situation in the UK.

One sobering thought is that with all the euro problems, you might expect Sterling to be a safe haven but as the exchange rate is stalled, it's clear the markets think we are in the same do-doos as the Europeans.

Mark

10-11-2011 08:52am