Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window glass talk: Observation,discussion and survey
benzina

RE: Window glass talk: Observation,discussion and survey

I want to cross-reference the findings,,and see if solar attenuating glass, and laminated double glazed from windows have something to do with the differences.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
08-11-2011 11:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

If we are talking about glass then does anyone know the difference solar attenuating glass and privacy glass? Apart from the £85 in prce difference As I went for privacy because havent got a clue what the other is.....

Does it really matter where the glass comes from as long as it does what it says on the tin or is that just me...?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
08-11-2011 11:58am
benzina

(08-11-2011 05:55am)benzina Wrote:  Q 1.For those lucky enough to have their cars (if it's not to much trouble), can you PLEASE go outside, and check the window glass brand on all the windows surrounding your Evoque? I want to see if they are different for different markets. Thanks in advance.

Here in Australia,they are....
Windscreen - Saint Gobain Sekurit / E8
Front door windows - Saint Gobain Sekurit / E2
Rear door windows - Fuyao / E4
Rear Hatch Door window - Fuyao / E4

Q 2. Also,please have a look at the leading edge of the front door window glass,and let us know if it's laminated double glazed or not? Cheers. Their's also been NO answer to this second question, so i went into the the dealers myself to check,and found that unlike the big RR, the Evoque does NOT have laminated double glazed front door windows.

Maybe i'm nuts,maybe (and i'm sorry for that), but i'm curious,and still waiting for someone from Europe ,Canada,or anywhere but Australia,for an answer to Q1? Thanks.Confused??:

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 01:46pm by benzina.)
09-11-2011 07:12am
Evoqess

Hi - re:Q1 - my glass brands are identical in Canada and I have rear privacy and a heated front windscreen. Which is incredible by the way! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
09-11-2011 08:57pm
benzina

Thanks Evoqess....i knew i could count on you to come through. Have a great day... cheers to you Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 11:42pm by benzina.)
09-11-2011 11:40pm
Evoqess

No worries Benzina! My apologies about the delay,but just like when your Evoque arrives there has been less forum time and more in car time, mostly cruising around with an mega-grin plastered on my face! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
10-11-2011 12:22am
Evo-king

(10-11-2011 12:22am)Evoqess Wrote:  No worries Benzina! My apologies about the delay,but just like when your Evoque arrives there has been less forum time and more in car time, mostly cruising around with an mega-grin plastered on my face! Smile

Evoqess.

That's how it should be, and then we can ask you questions about the Evoque.

Enjoy the car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-11-2011 09:43am