Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone considered contacting the media?
WorldTraveler

RE: Has anyone considered contacting the media?

(23-10-2011 04:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The internet has a lot to answer for - just shows how important good information flows are.
As well as the marques listed by Blackseries I can add Volvo V40 when it was launched had 5 months delivery time (it was because of that I bought my first Land Rover!), Volvo C30, Volvo XC90 (remember a whole year's supply of them sank to the bottom of the English Channel weeks before the UK launch along with a huge number of 3 series BMW's and Saab's? ) , Audi TT was well over a year wait at launch (and then they all got recalled to have a spoiler added), Porsche Cayenne and Cayman suffered extended delivery, BMW X5 Mk1, X3 as well. Lead in time for a Morgan is still something like 4 years(due to archaic build methods) and nobody complains, they just order their next one when they take delivery of the first! Currently if you want a Subaru Forrester or Legacy you are looking at 8-10 months delay on a factory order and there is uproar with Aston Martin owners because they cannot drive off straight away from the dealership in their optional extra Cygnet (read Toyota IQ) they are having to wait a few months for it to be converted from the Toyota. LR's situation isn't all it's own making either, and it will be costing a supplier somewhere a lot in compensation. No real compensation to those who are waiting I know and you have my sympathy, at least the car has turned out to be well worth any wait.

On current form, you had best get the order for the DC-100 in now mate Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
23-10-2011 06:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Deposit is paid, order book isn't yet open!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-10-2011 06:45pm
Blackseries

One other small point to add is that (for reasons discussed in an old thread) back in March I ordered a Golf (with DSG gearbox) about 3 weeks after I gave my Evoque order to my local LR dealer and I have just been told that my Golf has just been built so there is a strong possibility both cars could arrive in the same week ....... so delivery times for a run–of-the-mill mega mass-produced VW are not far off the RRE ..... hopefully this puts our “delays” into some sort of perspective.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
23-10-2011 06:48pm
ED209

(23-10-2011 06:48pm)Blackseries Wrote:  One other small point to add is that (for reasons discussed in an old thread) back in March I ordered a Golf (with DSG gearbox) about 3 weeks after I gave my Evoque order to my local LR dealer and I have just been told that my Golf has just been built so there is a strong possibility both cars could arrive in the same week ....... so delivery times for a run–of-the-mill mega mass-produced VW are not far off the RRE ..... hopefully this puts our “delays” into some sort of perspective.

The evoque is also mega mass produced, its not a handbuilt low volume car like a morgan.
23-10-2011 07:19pm
Token

[/quote]

The evoque is also mega mass produced, its not a handbuilt low volume car like a morgan.
[/quote]

It's not mega mass produced yet! The golf is proven over years and years...the Evoque is brand new. I can't for one moment to subscribe to the complaints about delays...

However...customer service and comms from the dealers may provoke a different response from me!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
23-10-2011 07:22pm
rsk21

I don't wish to be rude but assuming someone does contact " The Media" quite what would they say ?

"Dear Media I ordered an expensive and highly desirable car as did a lot if other people. I'm not going to get it as quickly as I had hoped for because as is often the case with highly prized and popular new cars there are longer delays than with less popular and less highly prized cars.

It's not fair and I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I'm sick"

Wink
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 07:33pm by rsk21.)
23-10-2011 07:33pm
Jonathon555

I have waited longer for a watch, so extended delays on cars is nothing new.

I am prepared to wait as I will have no choice

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
23-10-2011 07:44pm
Blackseries

(23-10-2011 07:19pm)ED209 Wrote:  The evoque is also mega mass produced, its not a handbuilt low volume car like a morgan.

Golf = 650,000 units pa 8+ months from order to delivery

RRE = 100,000 units pa 8+ months from order to delivery

OK JLR is no Morgan but their total volumes are 230,000 pa vs over 7m VW vehicles pa

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
24-10-2011 12:27am
mark_n

I think what is causing lead times to go out is the desire to have a car built to order; I'm quite sure that, if I wanted one, I could buy a new Golf today if I wasn't especially picky about colour and options. When I bought my trusty Subaru, there was a choice of 5 colours and two trim options and I had the car in 3 days as there was stock of most of those limited combinations.

My issue with JLR is not so much the extended lead time but the fact it keeps changing and without explanation. I've now had 6 dates and have absolutely zero confidence the latest one will be any more accurate than the previous 5 have been.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-10-2011 06:27am
DDX

In my eyes, all LR need to do is publically announce or contact people with orders and tell them what they are entitled too. We shouldnt be finding out through leaked documents and it seems a lot of dealers arent doing what theyre told.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
24-10-2011 06:52am