Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Virgin. And just ordered!
m_101

RE: Forum Virgin. And just ordered!

I can definitely recommend looking for a set of OEM bonnet vents, sanding them flat, and using 3M tape to affix them in the correct position. Yes, it looks slightly raised compared to the coupe bonnet but about a year on and mine haven't budged and I've had a couple of others with evoques asking how I got genuine bonnet vents for a 5-door.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
14-11-2014 09:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Simplesimon

(14-11-2014 01:52pm)Nikk26 Wrote:  I have gone for the corris grey and lunar/cirrus interior and mine is due December now so I will let you know how it looks Smile

Hi Nikk.
Where abouts in Cheshire do you live? Wouldn't mind seeing your car in the flesh!!Wink

Going to leave the bonnet thing alone. I think it will have enough detail with the blackpack as it is. But thank for all your suggestions!
16-11-2014 10:27am
Nikk26

(16-11-2014 10:27am)Simplesimon Wrote:  Hi Nikk.
Where abouts in Cheshire do you live? Wouldn't mind seeing your car in the flesh!!Wink

Going to leave the bonnet thing alone. I think it will have enough detail with the blackpack as it is. But thank for all your suggestions!

Hi Simon,

I live in Winsford Cheshire but work out of Knutsford Cheshire. Happy for you to see it once it finally arrives although I have gone for the very basic model compared to most!

I have been told end of November now ... but subject to change! Had a nightmare over the phone as I went through the broker not dealer and they won't give me my VIN and I have a friend who works in the factory who was going to see where my order was up to! Something to do with data protection which I think is rubbish as surely that's my data! Its 15 weeks since I ordered and I was told a maximum of 16 weeks.

Anyway, sure it'll arrive soon! Smile
19-11-2014 12:12pm
iwf

Nikk26

Exactly what I ordered and is due in the dealership next week! Smile

Ian

(14-11-2014 01:52pm)Nikk26 Wrote:  I have gone for the corris grey and lunar/cirrus interior and mine is due December now so I will let you know how it looks Smile
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2014 12:38pm by iwf.)
19-11-2014 12:37pm
Nikk26

(19-11-2014 12:37pm)iwf Wrote:  Nikk26

Exactly what I ordered and is due in the dealership next week! Smile

Ian

Ohhh that is exciting Ian I bet you can't wait! Smile When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking? My friend who works in Halewood said they make 1000 a day I couldn't quite believe it!
Hoping mine also comes next week after the update I last got Smile
19-11-2014 01:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They make 1000 a day but 800 a day get shipped overseas, mostly to China but now LR has a factory that builds them in China from kits supplied from the UK hopefully a few more will become available to the UK market.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-11-2014 05:52pm
Simplesimon

Nikk.
I live in Weaverham nr Northwich. But am in Knutsford most days. (My mother is in a home there!!). So would be great to meet up and see your car once you have taken delivery!

Tim.
I am astounded that they turn out 1000 cars per day. I hope they take their time when building mine!! Lol
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 02:03pm by Simplesimon.)
22-11-2014 12:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Simon, I'm only quoting an previous poster, I too find it hard to believe but 3 shifts a day, 2 factories working 5 days a week (might even be 7 days a week now) and several production lines in each factory............... IIRC Fords at Dagenham some years ago had a car roll off the production line every 20 secs or so in the 1970's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-11-2014 01:21pm
Nikk26

Hi Simon not sure if you seen my post on my own thread but I got a refund from the car broker and bought a 13 plate evoque on Thursday and had it delivered on Friday as they pushed me back once again and literally couldn't give me a date anymore. The wait time for a brand new one was too much to go through after already waiting 17 weeks so I have got everything the same as I ordered apart from Orkney grey and not corris! I also have the added bonus of a panoramic roof and privacy glass and a saving of £6k on top of that! The company I bought from couldn't do enough for me (found it on autotrader) and I ended up with free delivery (should be £100) as they are 250 miles from me, free 12 months tax, 2 year land rover warranty and a big bouquet of flowers so I am very happy! Sorry it's not corris grey after all now but I got my cream interior still Smile
07-12-2014 07:54pm
Simplesimon

Nikk. Sorry I am late replying but been very busy as of late. Lost my mother week before Xmas!!
But hope you are pleased with the car. Sounds like everything turned out ok in the end!

Anyway. Called in dealership today, to be told the build date is 6th February. Could collect later in the month but decided on a handover for 1st March!

Also negotiated front and rear mudflaps, and rubber mats on top of the GAP insurance as freebies. So all in all a happy bunny!
Oh. And I saw a Corris grey dynamic for the first time while there. It is stunning. Especially with black pack!!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:35pm by Simplesimon.)
09-01-2015 07:31pm