Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Virgin. And just ordered!
Simplesimon

RE: Forum Virgin. And just ordered!

Thanks Bob and Tim.

They must be getting fed up with me at the dealership!
I called in today. And added the spare wheel. Stupid to leave off really!
I also added the electric tailgate, which I previously took off the order!
And I got them to add the GAP insurance for free following your advice Tim. But forgot to ask if they would add extended warranty!!
They keep trying to sell me finance. Where they give £500 towards the price of car and the finance company give £1000. But I really don't think I can be bothered. And they wouldn't give the free GAP!!

Anyway. They are submitting the order at the beginning of December. So the build could be end of January beginning of February according to salesperson!
10-11-2014 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iwf

Simon

I echo Bob & Tim remarks re changes. I changed the colour of mine in plenty of time but they managed to forget that and the wrong coloured car arrived. The correct car , Corris Grey arrives in three weeks time. Check the sales order.

I'll be driving in the mountains of France in the new year, so like you have ordered the adaptive headlights and auto dipping main beam. It made a huge difference last year when I was hiring cars.
12-11-2014 05:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Simon, if you don't need finance then tell them to stuff it, they make more commission on that than they do on selling you the car (unless it is the end of a month/ end of quarter/ end of year and BIG bonuses to salesmen for meeting targets are about to be paid, when they make even more out of you!). My brother recently had a similar problem with an Audi dealership over paying the full amount without finance, the dealership put so much pressure on him that he went to the next nearest Audi dealer and explained what had happened and ended up getting the same car as he wanted with a discount as they had one in stock, unregistered and it was exactly the spec he wanted. He called up the first dealer to cancel the order with them and they wanted to match everything their competition who were in the same group of dealers!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 05:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-11-2014 05:49pm
Simplesimon

Thanks iwf and Tim.
Yes. I agree. I'm not going with the finance. They have knocked £500 off price of car and thrown in the GAP. so happy with that.
I thought they were a bit pushy, as just having sorted the order out. The salesman brought the finance chap over who just gave me a load of gobbledygook. Which I'm sure you are not meant to understand. And they were both floating round like flies around dog poo!
Didn't feel comfortable at all!
And iwf. I have double checked the new order form and everything seems correct. And glad I went for assisted lights now. Maybe should have gone with adaptive. But I'm really over my limit now, and think I can live without them!
The only thing I'm unsure about is the interior!!
Had the Lunar/cirrus originally. But decided to play it safe and went with ebony. As we both wear denim (double denim actually! Lol) all the time. And I just didn't like the grey dashboard etc. so think I have made the right choice!

Sorry.
But one thing I did want to ask. Can you pay extra to have the bonnet vents that come standard on the coupe. Fitted to the 5 door!!?!
Just think it finishes it off nicely especially with the blackpack!
It says in brochure ,They are for coupe only. But surely it's the same bonnet!!
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2014 10:18am by Simplesimon.)
13-11-2014 09:28am
PhilSkill

Nope not same Bonnet... They are real holes in pressed indents on the Coupe...

You can get aftermarket ones though, search on here there are many pics.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-11-2014 10:38am
sorcerer

(13-11-2014 09:28am)Simplesimon Wrote:  Sorry.
But one thing I did want to ask. Can you pay extra to have the bonnet vents that come standard on the coupe. Fitted to the 5 door!!?!
Just think it finishes it off nicely especially with the blackpack!
It says in brochure ,They are for coupe only. But surely it's the same bonnet!!
As Philskill says its a different bonnet and the aftermarket ones stick on the surface, so are raised and don't sit into the bonnet fairly flush like the coupe's do.
13-11-2014 11:19am
XFullFatTim

The light grey of Lunar would go well with the dark grey of Corris. An all black interior in an Evoque doesn't make it claustrophobic and if you also have the glass roof then it isn't dark at all from the inside!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-11-2014 11:51am
Simplesimon

But isn't it the same size bonnet? Surely the engine bay it sits on is the same size etc as the 5 door!!

And thanks again Tim. Going to stick with the ebony black interior!
13-11-2014 09:49pm
XFullFatTim

The coupe bonnet is pressed with holes and lip for them to fix on where the vents go, the five door doesn't have them. You could add them if you are happy to take tin snips to your new car's bonnet or pay to have a replacement bonnet fitted by the dealership but that is likely to be a very expensive option. There are posts about fitting the vents to the five door's bonnet if you search as several people have added them.

13-11-2014 10:29pm
Nikk26

I have gone for the corris grey and lunar/cirrus interior and mine is due December now so I will let you know how it looks Smile
14-11-2014 01:52pm