Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fog light question!
PhilSkill

RE: Fog light question!

LED...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-12-2011 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

Got me panicing for a second there. I've got a Pure on order, and didn't specify fog lights -
Just re-read the Australian specs - they come standard on all the Evoques here.

Sounds like our road rules are much slacker as well. Not only can we tint the front passenger and front drivers side windows, we can have fog lights on "whenever necessary".

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
03-12-2011 10:59am
Malferg

Has anybody found a supplier for front fogs as an after fit
22-02-2012 05:12am
WorldTraveler

(03-12-2011 10:10am)PhilSkill Wrote:  LED...

Thumbs Up
Hmmm Looks Like Halogen to me Wink
Rolling with Laughter

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
22-02-2012 06:41pm
Big G

RE: Fog light question! photos

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/62913692/...s?h=d9dc2e

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 08:49pm by Big G.)
22-02-2012 08:47pm
lngrn36

I with Def on this one. I just thought you all were anal about washing. This fog light discussion takes anal to a HNL!
lol

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
22-02-2012 08:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

We have stupid tw*ts here who think you should drive round in town on a clear night with front fog lights on as they think it makes them look cool. Often the owners of small Peugeots and BMW 3 series, but I've seen others doing it. Thing is these idiots are often the ones you see in fog with no lights on at all!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-02-2012 10:52pm
PhilSkill

Until youve driven in 'real' fog you probably have no idea what they're for. When your headlights turn fog into a solid wall of white reflection 2" in front of your lights, you realise that having them lower allows at least a few feet of road to be seen infront of you (yes without headlights in the dark) enough to make some forward progress without falling in a ditch. Its rare but does get like that 'out in the sticks'

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-02-2012 01:21am
fam1x

If you have automatic light how do you turn the fog lights on?

I tried flipping the controller but it doesnt come on, however if you switch to manual lights then flip the controller you can switch the fog lights as anyone else with automatic light noticed that? Thats for both front and rear fog ligts.

Possible stupid question but can the fog lights be automatic too ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
23-02-2012 11:36am
Big G

(23-02-2012 11:36am)fam1x Wrote:  If you have automatic light how do you turn the fog lights on?

I tried flipping the controller but it doesnt come on, however if you switch to manual lights then flip the controller you can switch the fog lights as anyone else with automatic light noticed that? Thats for both front and rear fog ligts.

Possible stupid question but can the fog lights be automatic too ?
From page 38 of the manual:

Rear fog lamps. Will operate only while sidelights, headlamps or Auto lamps are selected. Turn the collar towards the steering wheel and release. The instrument pack warning lamp will illuminate.

Front fog lamps. Will operate only while sidelights, headlamps or Auto lamps are selected. Turn the collar away from the steering wheel and release.The instrument pack warning lamp will illuminate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
23-02-2012 11:59am