Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque fire
glynn_h

RE: Evoque fire

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Unbelievabley it was about the only hour of the weekend it wasn't raining! It wouldnt have mattered though - this wasnt a small fire and took 3 fire trucks to finally stop it.

To be fair everyone has been great trying to help and have taken it very seriously. Hope that approach lasts through to the end as the experience was truly shocking.
26-06-2013 07:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

Hi Glenn_h,

I'm Liam from the Land Rover CRC.

I'm sorry to learn of your experience, are you currently dealing with a member of our Land Rover team? If not I would be happy to liaise with you regarding this.

Kind regards,
Liam

(10-06-2013 08:16am)speary Wrote:  If you search the forum you will find a few
Note to Liam. Assuming that this forum represents a small minority of Evoque owners and a few have had the fire issue doesnt it point to a potentially bigger more seroius problem across the whole production run.
What is being done to resolve this. Recall ????. JLR really could do without bad publicity. Lucky for you that you dont sell the Diesel in the US, there would be uproar at even 1 fire

Hi Steve,

I hope your well.

This is something I'm aware off and I will be having a meeting with our engineering and product team today, so I will bring the subject up and see what they have to say regarding this matter.

Kind regards,
Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 09:09am by CRC@LandRover.)
26-06-2013 09:04am
glynn_h

(26-06-2013 09:04am)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Glenn_h,

I'm sorry to learn of your experience, are you currently dealing with a member of our Land Rover team? If not I would be happy to liaise with you regarding this.

Kind regards,
Liam

Hi Steve,

I hope your well.

This is something I'm aware off and I will be having a meeting with our engineering and product team today, so I will bring the subject up and see what they have to say regarding this matter.

Kind regards,
Liam

Thanks Liam. Steve at Customer Care has been helping and doing what he can. Unfortunately there's not much to be done be done but clean up the mess until the cause has been found.

Appreciate your message and support as were both still shook up. Many thanks Liam and Steve

(26-06-2013 09:04am)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Glenn_h,

Kind regards,
Liam

Hi Steve,

I hope your well.

Kind regards,
Liam

Thanks Liam. Steve at Customer Care has been helping and doing what he can. Unfortunately there's not much to be done be done but clean up the mess until the cause has been found.

Appreciate your message and support as were both still shook up. Many thanks Liam and Steve
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 11:08am by glynn_h.)
26-06-2013 11:07am
speary

Liam, thanks for taking this matter up. What was the outcome of the meeting ?

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
28-06-2013 08:30am
CRC@LandRover

(28-06-2013 08:30am)speary Wrote:  Liam, thanks for taking this matter up. What was the outcome of the meeting ?

Hi Steve,

I mentioned this to them in the meeting and they are going to investigate and come back to me with what we can do regarding this concern.

As always I will keep everyone posted.

Kind regards,
Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
28-06-2013 09:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It' s bad enough your Evo bursting into flames, pity the driver of this People carrier that burst into flames in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-27078566

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2014 05:07pm