Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof
441kali

RE: Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof

I would like to see roof rails too. Not sure if I should get the black or metal with a Pure premium OG.
11-03-2012 02:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tosh

(02-10-2011 10:52pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Ok, off on a tangent here, but I recommend you don't choose the roof mounted bike rack as it spoils the view Wink I've been enjoying my Dahon folding bike the last few years, two of these fit in the back of a ....... Smart car!
Amazing fun to ride, can be quite high end costing into the $1000s with finer components. I barely ride my full size, carbon bits n pieces Trek anymore. I cycle a minimum of 5-6 hours per week. And my bike is FAST (racing wheels).

http://www.dahon.com/

Then of course you have the British made Bromptons over there. Gorgeous!

http://www.brompton.co.uk/
I'll see you those and raise you a Moulton TSR (separable!)Smile

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
11-03-2012 09:57am
Coolbanana

(11-03-2012 01:14am)eastrnma Wrote:  I'd be interested in seeing the LR Roof Rails... also any photos of Luggage Carrier LR006848?? It wasn't shown in the Accessory video posted in this thread.

Pics:

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
11-03-2012 10:24am
VirtualCamper

Just collected the bike rack and thought you would like to see it on the back of the Evoque. This is a Thule 909
[Image: eb2c1c35.jpg]
Advantage of this kind of rack is that it will tilt with the bikes on
[Image: d421bd54.jpg]
(11-03-2012 02:10am)441kali Wrote:  I would like to see roof rails too. Not sure if I should get the black or metal with a Pure premium OG.

Black roof rails
[Image: d6d08f3d.jpg]

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 09:49pm by VirtualCamper.)
11-03-2012 09:44pm
eastrnma

Thanks for posting all the great pics here!
11-03-2012 10:57pm
Filski

I was wondering if anyone with either a mtb or road bike could tell me (or better yet take a photo) of some bikes in the back with the seats down? Small to medium bikes if possible.

Not going with roof racks so looking at how they fit inside before deciding on a tow mount.
12-03-2012 07:53am
martinPL

(12-03-2012 07:53am)Filski Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone with either a mtb or road bike could tell me (or better yet take a photo) of some bikes in the back with the seats down? Small to medium bikes if possible.

Not going with roof racks so looking at how they fit inside before deciding on a tow mount.

cannot help you here but my 2 cents:

- have had hitch based bike rack on RRS and decided to purchase Thule roof rack set for OEM bars - much healthier for the bikes. I can place 3 bikes (2 forward set and one backward) on them
- have rails and load bars on RRE and will use the same bike roof rack sets when using RRE for bike transport
carried my bike several times inside the vehicle and this always ends with damage to the auto parts - would not recommend

I'd say it's OK to use hitch based system for inexpensive bikes but anything else requires a solid roof bike setup. I carry bikes on weekly basis and for me the roof rack is the BEST. And don't even try talking me into hitch based ski rack - silliest idea!!!!!
12-03-2012 08:51pm
olde

My 10-cents, I did THIS for $10, and it works great for my bikes. I put them in muddy, and wash the liner and bike at the same time. The liner goes in the washing machine. Obviously, the bike doesn't go in the washing machine. It gets hosed down in the driveway...but you knew that before I said, right? Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
13-03-2012 04:55am
Filski

Mtb I assume if they're muddy? When they go in is it both wheels off or just the front? Tight fit?
13-03-2012 10:21am
441kali

Thanks for the photos Coolbanana!
13-03-2012 12:03pm