Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car in LR service - fault codes
martinPL

Car in LR service - fault codes

- 4 days ago I received 3 fault codes: transmission fault, DSC is off - drive carefully, and some other one. DSC was off permanently and I was unable to change driving modes (Dynamic, snow/sand, ...). The vehicle drove OK other than that.
- Next day - no problems
- 2 days ago - same fault codes
- Yesterday car went to LR service - they are still scratching their heads
In the meantime I am driving a free but outrageously lousy loaner - Chevy Malibu; I cannot believe these vehicles sell for any kind of money
23-03-2012 08:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Car in LR service - fault codes

the seats are horrible in them!!! only seats worse then that were Nissan Altima during my quest for seats i could drive in. Sorry about the fault codes atleast the OBD-II system logs all the codes. Almost sounds like there is a speed sensor that might not be connected correctly.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
23-03-2012 09:00pm
JackMac

It's official, the RRE is a proper Land Rover Tongue Out

2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door Si4
24-03-2012 03:22am
martinPL

Yes, it's official Sad. More codes were recorded and a control unit is on order - a 4 to 5 days wait. In the meantime, the super crappy loaner was replaced just with a crappy one - Jeep Liberty. The LR service is really trying.
24-03-2012 03:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Think yourself lucky, a friend of mine has twice had his AMG C Class Black trailered back to the dealer and a SMART car dropped off as the dealership's loaner! And to make it even more embarrassing for him the car is even logo'd as a loaner with CUSTOMER COURTESY CAR stickers plastered all over it! At least in the UK you are supposed to get another LR product from Enterprise Rentals if your car cannot be repaired by Land Rover Assist.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-03-2012 11:32am
paulw

i got a ffrr sport when mine went in for a fault..
24-03-2012 03:49pm
lngrn36

LR Houston has a fleet of the LR2's that I posted pics of earlier. I don't like it, but after listening to y'all I feel better about that as a loaner!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
24-03-2012 11:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinPL

In US, The SMART thing or any anything little like that and eco friendly is not comparable to the LR/RR but at least it's somehow fun and cool (being still sort of exotic in here in US) while the Chevy and Jeep are just plain ugly, uncomfortable, Eco-unfriendly, and just driving terribly. Makes me feel much better (as a matter of fact REALLY GOOD) about my RRE even tho it's now in the service Sad. I once drove a rental Scion xB and really enjoyed the drive, relative comfort and uniqueness of it - amazing what you can get for ~$15K!!!
25-03-2012 02:19am