Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof
JackMac

RE: Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof

Does anyone have pics of the OEM hitch receiver? Looking to see how it appears when installed, but without anything attached to it.

From what I've seen, it appears to be a fixed installation which will permanently protrude throught the lower rear bumper cover?

Thanks in advance Smile

2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door Si4
15-03-2012 07:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirtualCamper

Yeah, I really think Land Rover missed a trick here! My brother in law has a new Seat Alhambra with the fitted swan neck tow bar, and when not in use it swings up out of the way and out of sight, behind the rear number. When you need it, press a button in the boot and it drops down, click it into place and it's ready to use. Perfect!

One to add to list of improvements.

Alternatively have it so the removable swan neck receiver can be hidden away behind a panel in the bumper, this can't be too difficult!

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
25-03-2012 08:37am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even better is that LR DO have a hidden system.................. it's fitted to all D3's and D4's and RRS's and also hides the rear recovery eye as well so when you want to tow or go off road all you need is a coin to open the cover plate to expose the receiver for the tow hook, two sockets for the electrics and the recovery eye. They still charge you £400+ to get the wiring connected up and to supply the detachable hook if you want the towing kit

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 09:58am by XFullFatTim.)
25-03-2012 09:57am