Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I being too fussy?
Rootsboy

RE: Am I being too fussy?

Ok the dealer had the car for 8 working days in the end, i picked the car up late from outside the garage with a spare set of keys, opened the door and the first thing i saw was this, dents in the passenger seat.

good start i thought, looks like something heavy had been left on the seat while work was being done. anyway decided i would fully inspect the car this mourning in the light.

the drivers seat which had the problem with the head rest not lining up at first looked better, then i decide to lift and lower the headrest again, and it popped right back to its original odd looking position. this is after they had told me that lots of seat parts had been ordered and the seat was rebuilt, but also warned me that the quility may not be as good as the factory Shocked

then i had a look at the repainted spoiler, well it looked like they had done a ok job, but then on further inspection i noticed on the other side a similar problem as i originally had on the right side. at this point i am starting to think they did not re-spray it at all just swapped it with a spoiler from another car.

i then had a look at the two bit clear plastic stickers that were above the rear headlights, well one had been removed but not the other??????

on to the door trim, not sure what they tried to do there, but it looks like they shoved a screwdriver down there to push what looks like a foam strip down and out the way hoping it would help the trim drop back into place, will it did not work. here are 2 pics one showing the correct side and one showing the whats left of the foam side.

then it was to the underside of the car to see how the welding of the two studs went, first i had to unbolt the cover to see the work, then i saw the job and was not sure what i can expect here as i am no expert on welding. at first the studs seem to be welded ok, of coarse not as good as a factory job, but then i started to notice the holes that still seem to go through the outer skin of the foot wells.
now i am guessing if this car is ment to be able to go to a certain depth threw water that having holes in the outer skin of the underside of this car is probably not the best thing. i am hoping someone here could clarify this for me so i can be armed with some extra info for when i go back to complain on monday.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
10-03-2012 12:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michelle

Certainly not fussy!
It looks like they've got too many to make in the shortest time possible.
We'll be like hawks when we get ours! thanks for bringing these faults to our attention.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 12:27pm by Michelle.)
10-03-2012 12:27pm
THEMACS

What was the issue with the studs? Can't see any mention of them in your earlier posts, To be honest that car looks a mess now and I wouldn't want it, give it them back!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 01:56pm by THEMACS.)
10-03-2012 12:32pm
xxxx5

Reject it now!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
10-03-2012 12:41pm
Kimv

(10-03-2012 12:41pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Reject it now!

+1

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
10-03-2012 12:42pm
chiggy

Am I being too fussy?

(10-03-2012 12:42pm)Kimv Wrote:  +1

+2

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
10-03-2012 01:03pm
Rootsboy

the studs was my own fault, i was sort of road and when turning did not a a low cut tree trunk and managed to get it rubbing on the bottom of the passenger side between the wheels. even though i stopped the car and got out to see what was causing the scraping noise on the underside of the car.
the light was fading and i could not see how well the trunk pushed into the plastic guard on that side of the car.
i got back in and did a few different maneuvers to release it, but it the end the plastic just ripped apart and on later inspection pulled the 2 of the studs out of the bodywork.
i have been told on another thread that these studs are copper and have been welded at the factory to the aluminum underside.

the plastic replacement part was only 16 euros, but the lack of strength in the rest of the design has caused a pricey repair job, mind you i am not seeing at this time a very good repair job.

all i am seeing is lazy mechanics making a mess of a car that i was once proud to own. i was told in advance that this garage has a really poor reputation, and they seem to be living up to expectations. unfortunately they are the only garage on the island where i live and i don't really want to cost of ferrying my car to the mainland to get things fixed if i could do that at all.
it also make me very resentful being in a position of having my car serviced with them, due to keeping up the warranty, or at least thats what they tell me.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
10-03-2012 01:17pm
3V0QU3

Am I being too fussy?

Not sure where you are but I am sure that i heard recently that there are new competition laws in Europe that they cant make you have main dealer services.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
10-03-2012 01:33pm
Rootsboy

i live in Ibiza Spain and and i have a very good mechanic as a friend who of coarse i would rather use then the official garage here. they tried to tell me that not only do they need to use official parts but also official tools to. its just a shame that it seems to be a room full of monkeys using these official parts and tools.

10-03-2012 01:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(10-03-2012 01:40pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  its just a shame that it seems to be a room full of monkeys using these official parts and tools.

No consolation, but over on the FFRR forum and RRS forum I have seen this said by a lot of forum members living in all parts of Spain - some have gone to the length of taking their cars to French dealers or even bring them back to the UK for maintenance

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 01:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2012 01:55pm