Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I being too fussy?
berlin2011

RE: Im i being to fussy

The rear spoiler issue seems fairly prevalent - I've seen a number of cars with that exact line (seems to be from the mould) mine included and the paint not great on all of them but a lot more obvious on the Fuji cars.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
30-01-2012 07:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinPL

+1. Not fussy. Big QC issues. Makes me scared to think what else we should expect with the production numbers being bumped up.
30-01-2012 07:56pm
xxxx5

RE: Am I being too fussy?

Personally with the number of issues you have, I would seriously consider rejecting the car now.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-01-2012 09:18pm
ED209

(30-01-2012 07:56pm)martinPL Wrote:  +1. Not fussy. Big QC issues. Makes me scared to think what else we should expect with the production numbers being bumped up.

But are they being bumped up? given my date keeps going back and back i dont think they are.
30-01-2012 09:24pm
Rootsboy

(30-01-2012 07:12pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  The rear spoiler issue seems fairly prevalent - I've seen a number of cars with that exact line (seems to be from the mould) mine included and the paint not great on all of them but a lot more obvious on the Fuji cars.

yes i had a look at the other cars in the dealers and none were that great, but all better then mine.
its ok on one side, but where i have marked the photo you can see where the paint seems to stop filling the gap. from then on the paint coverage is really bad and there are even 3 small black dents in the paint.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
30-01-2012 10:07pm
cutter7

Your photo of the headrest is very strange..Pic 1

On all the Evoques that i have sat in and looked inside all the headrests seem to sit over, and cover the neck line of the seat when lowered.

Your headrest seems to sit inside the neck line when lowered making it look far to small for the seat?

Anyway glad to read that they are replacing it for you.. and good luck with all the other issues you have.Smile

(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 10:31pm by cutter7.)
30-01-2012 10:28pm
fam1x

Can never be too fussy I if I noticed that after a day or two I'd drive back to dealers and leave then car with thorn and simply ask for my money back. That is not way acceptable for the price you paid for the car.
When did you get the car and when did you notice that? Not sure what the buying rights are in Spain might want to look that up?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 10:40pm by fam1x.)
30-01-2012 10:37pm
Rootsboy

(30-01-2012 10:37pm)fam1x Wrote:  Can never be too fussy I if I noticed that after a day or two I'd drive back to dealers and leave then car with thorn and simply ask for my money back. That is not way acceptable for the price you paid for the car.
When did you get the car and when did you notice that? Not sure what the buying rights are in Spain might want to look that up?

quite! when i got the car i had asked for them to not clean it as i wanted to do that job myself, it was then that i noticed the paint work issues.
the leather on the dash i did notice soon after, but was kind of thinking maybe its an excepted part of leather. i was also quite exited about getting the car, and as it was late it was becoming essential for work reasons. both me and my girlfriend had been sharing a car up till that point, and we were both becoming more busy.
that was just before christmas, now things are starting to settle down and i have only just noticed these other issues. its time to sort them out.
anyway a new email has just been sent to the dealer, if i don't hear anything by the weekend i will have to go there.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
31-01-2012 12:09pm
RacingSnake

Hope you get it sorted... I too would have equal expectations to yourself on the car.
Certainly highlights a number of small things to check upon delivery Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
31-01-2012 12:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Not to fussy at all Rootsboy. We have to expect that this premium British car, simply has to be a thing of build perfection, equivilant to German and Japanese made cars. In this modern age,their can be no more excuses.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 01:51pm by benzina.)
31-01-2012 01:49pm