Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I being too fussy?
ami_evo

RE: Am I being too fussy?

Sad to hear about all this trouble you are having, it surely must have spoiled your enjoyment. The work done by your dealer is certainly sub par, and I've dealt with a fair share of bad mechanics. My advice is that you reject the car, and have them build you a new one.
10-03-2012 03:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

I think people are being a bit over enthusiastic by screaming Reject in this case, after all it is 'only' a trim issue. I would escalate the issuses with Customer Service at LR Spain, get them to send out an appraiser to inspect the car as the local is clearly lacking in the necessary skills. A new seat, a new dash topper and trim realignment should only be a days work. With regards to the studs, get your local man to check the welds.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
10-03-2012 03:33pm
Rootsboy

(10-03-2012 03:33pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  I think people are being a bit over enthusiastic by screaming Reject in this case, after all it is 'only' a trim issue. I would escalate the issuses with Customer Service at LR Spain, get them to send out an appraiser to inspect the car as the local is clearly lacking in the necessary skills. A new seat, a new dash topper and trim realignment should only be a days work. With regards to the studs, get your local man to check the welds.

yes i do agree with this, all are problems that any good dealer should be able to fix and i think i may have to get in touch with LR Spain direct about this issue.
it was funny but i did have to wait until some official from land rover spain came to visit the dealers on the island to give his view of the problems on the car.
at first they wanted me to leave the car there all day for him to inspect, i told them "well what am i to do with out a car for a day" they told me "i could not have a replacement car", so i said it "ok i don't mind waiting for the few minutes it must take to look at the problems on my car" in the end we agreed that i could leave it for 1 hour while he inspects the car and have a cafe down the road. it was almost like i could not get to see this Official from land rover and explain the problems direct to him.
i already at this point started to get a bad feeling about the whole situation, i think i will be demanding his contact details on monday.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
10-03-2012 07:51pm
rvsvet

part of the paint issue, the spoiler does not seemed to be finished properly. i thought that this would just be a quick fix at the dealers, but now they are asking that i wait for some head office guy to come visit the island and see it for himself before any fix gets done.

Call me cynical, but knowing as we now do that you live in Ibiza, I would hazard a guess that you had to wait for the Head Office guy to come from the mainland in school holiday time, bringing his kids and staying for a week to supervise the repair, hence the 8 day wait before you got it returned!

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
10-03-2012 08:09pm
Rootsboy

Am I being too fussy?

I did find out he was only there for a day. In fact it was booked in for a Thursday and I got a call the day before asking if I could take it in that afternoon as his flight was a day early for some reason.
I wish he would have been there overseeing the work. It may have been done properly.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
10-03-2012 10:16pm
cjfp

Have you got his contact details to send photos to?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-03-2012 10:19pm
Rootsboy

Am I being too fussy?

Nope! I will be trying to get them from the dealer tomorrow. I had my mate have a look at the welding and he said it almost looks like they got a first timer to have a go and it's no way finished to the standard you would expect from a quality brand.
He was not sure if they just left the wholes through to the skin as drainage points as he is not sure if that section is ment to be water tight.

11-03-2012 08:05pm