babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Am I being too fussy? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Am I being too fussy? (/Thread-Am-I-being-too-fussy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Am I being too fussy? - Rootsboy - 30-01-2012 04:57pm

just lately i have come across a few things which i dont think are quite up to what i would expect from a car of this price.
before i go on, i am totally over the moon with my purchase and there are so many things i love about the car which have already been discussed on this forum. but there are also some things that i am not to happy about.

1. of the problems was the way the headrest sat into the drivers seat, this has already been looked into and i just have to get the seat swapped by the dealer.
[attachment=1372]

2. part of the paint issue, the spoiler does not seemed to be finished properly. i thought that this would just be a quick fix at the dealers, but now they are asking that i wait for some head office guy to come visit the island and see it for himself before any fix gets done.

[attachment=1373]

[attachment=1374]

3. now this has been bugging me for a while, the leather topped dash. i know leather is not perfect and ment to have all manor of marks in it. but in the rest of the car, the leather looks great.
on top of the dash you can see these marks which look very obvious in the light, it looks like there is to much foam or glue underneath or just a funny area of the leather itself.

[attachment=1371]

4: then during washing i also noticed that the trim sticks out a bit on the drivers door at one end, the other side is fine, lines up like a dream.

[attachment=1370]

these last 2 issues are ones that i have not told the dealer about as yet, and i would like some honest opinions of if this is acceptable or not.

RE: Im i being to fussy - THEMACS - 30-01-2012 05:24pm

You are not being Fussy at all, this is Supposed to be a Premium brand, I wouldn't expect any of that from a Vauxhall!! Nothing against Vauxhalls by the way!

I would insist they are ALL Fixed!!!

RE: Im i being to fussy - Dag - 30-01-2012 05:33pm

Totally agree with Themacs! I wouldn't accept this!

RE: Im i being to fussy - dandavis1 - 30-01-2012 05:33pm

I agree - not too fussy. I'm sure there was nothing wrong with the money you handed over.

RE: Im i being to fussy - Sarcastrix - 30-01-2012 05:47pm

Seems to be a few QC issues on certain cars, hopefully you'll get them sorted without to much hassle. Keep us updated.

And no, your not being fussy.

RE: Im i being to fussy - ED209 - 30-01-2012 06:18pm

That head rest does look a bit wonky. I would get the dealer to have a look.

RE: Im i being to fussy - PAT - 30-01-2012 06:23pm

All valid points and should be rectified by LR as its not acceptable.

RE: Im i being to fussy - jewel-r - 30-01-2012 06:28pm

I would not exept any of these faults if it were my car. Dont the have Quality Control guys at the end of production line that pick out these obvious faults before the customer? Or even the dealer before you pickup. When my car arrives I will be going over it with fine toothcomb!!!!!!!!

Pure SD4 OG Auto/
Pan Roof/Xenons/Privacy Glass/
Front Parking Sensors/Fogs/
Rear Cam/Folding Mirrors
April 30th Hopefully!!!!!

RE: Im i being to fussy - Rootsboy - 30-01-2012 06:51pm

(30-01-2012 06:18pm)ED209 Wrote:  That head rest does look a bit wonky. I would get the dealer to have a look.

yes this they have decided needs to be changed, i will be booking it in sometime this week to get it swapped out. during this time i will also go over the other issues, including not wanting to wait for some supposed official from the mainland needing to see the cars paint issues.
would still like to hear from any other evoque owners if they may have similar issues with the leather dash, or if they are all perfect?

RE: Im i being to fussy - ytshome - 30-01-2012 07:05pm

Certainly not being fussy. If you were selling to an eagle-eyed buyer you'd soon find out that you weren't because they'd either walk away or bid you low. Interested to know how you get on. Good Luck!