Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Adaptive Dynamics
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Adaptive Dynamics

Plus seats are 8/8 adjustable and both driver and passenger seats have 3 settings for the memory

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 09:51am by XFullFatTim.)
22-10-2011 09:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

I know you have them but are you sure Tim? The brochure and price list talks about 8/8….

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-10-2011 09:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry yes 8/8

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2011 09:51am
Big G

(15-09-2011 11:32pm)jitenc Wrote:  Does anyone know how good the RRE Dynamic runs on normal driving compared to the Prestige normal drive?
I went for a test drive on a Dynamnic and had somewhat a wild time driving on Sports Mode With AD on full time. (It certainly gives a run for its money compared to my 3 series BMW.)
I know that the Dynamic gives a firmer ride with AD on. But how does it compare with the Prestige when on normal roads.
I drove a Prestige later on, but it was smoother, partly because i was driving, safely! Anyone with any views.... driving both cars has got me more confusedConfused
BYE BYE BMW!!!!

There's a lot here:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-5...?pid=13353
24-10-2011 02:17pm
Allaboutmojo

Ok, I just read tha posts and still need some final input based on my concerns with the vehicle and AD option.

I used to drive an 07 BMW 328i Coupe (firm ride) as well as a 2011 Toyota Sequoia (soft ride). The Evoque is my answer to wanting the best of both worlds: roomier than BMW, sportier than Sequoia, higher off ground than BMW and letter technology than both.

Which will give me a smoother (msybe call it softer) ride on the highways, etc in the Evoque (since I am used to Sequoia): Stock suspension Evoque or AD for everyday normal driving (since Magnaride on all the time)?

I know from past exp, smaller the wheel, better the ride. I was planning on getting the 20" smoke/dark wheels ($2,500), but thinking maybe just go with stick 10" and then buy aftermarket black 19" wheels for $1,000...since 19" wheels havemoresudewalss, help take the smaller bumps?

Ordering Coupe Dynamic (want white with black top) with all options except rear ent and undecided about AD at this stage ($1,250 more).

Thanks....
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 05:29pm by Allaboutmojo.)
27-11-2011 05:08pm
Kofer

Adaptive Dynamics

Here are some details about Magneride
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide
27-11-2011 05:32pm
PhilSkill

I love the ride in my Dynamic with AD, both in Standard mode and Sport mode. If you want soft ride only then AD might not be much use to you if you're not going to use the sport mode, it's much stiffer and tighter in Sport mode, What I can't tell you is how it compares to Standard Shocks as I've only Driven the AD option.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-11-2011 03:01pm
sethor

Never thought of ever optioning AD until reading this thread. Dealer tried to half talk me out of it as he found it a bit harsh for his liking, but insisted I take a long test drive. After a 40 min test drive I was sold, I would dare say it may even out handle my 2005 Subaru WRX STi in which I must have sunk close to AUD$10k in suspension alone. Handling was just impressive, during cornering there seemed to be little to no body roll, ride did feel bit harsh on smallish bumps etc but on larger stuff it softened up straight away. I would highly recommend this option if your coming from a performance car or are a bit of a lead foot & enjoy a spirited drive now & then.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
06-01-2012 07:39pm
weinien

(16-09-2011 06:17pm)jitenc Wrote:  thanks... that does clarify things... Now need to have a brainstorming session with my heart whether i go for the Prestige with the AD or the Dynamic.

Hi! I just got my Dynamic Si4 4dr 2 days ago and it is a gem to drive. I must admit that I was also confused with AD and Dynamic mode. But am now clear after that explanation, so thank u. In conclusion, I think that the AD on normal mode is extremely smooth and if u asked me if Prestige was similar, it wld be a diff question to answer. I first test drove a Prestige before I decided to get the Dynamic (purely due to the bodykit). The suspensions both in my opinion are smooth, however, having the AD just gives me the additional peace of mind. Dynamic mode on the other hand, does feel a bit stiffer and somewhat tends to take control of the ride from u. Its hard to describe the feeling but I am guessing that some people may not favor it.
08-01-2012 08:58am
jitenc

hi everyone.. got my Evoque SD4 Dynamic....Thanks to everyone especially Xfullfattim, SW6RR, and Spiderman who contributed in making up my mind. I have been driving it for the last two weeks.The AD is great. You won't notice it in normal driving as you get used to it. You might be glad you got it when you compare it to the slight 'wobbly' ride in the Prestige.
When you put in in the Dynamic Mode,the ride stiffens up, but you need this when you are storming down at 110 mph with traffic and slight bendy corners around the A1(M).....'hypothetically'. IMHO i don't mind if the ride is taken away from you at this stage as you are concentrating on the speed and direction and the traffic....
thanks again to Spiderman for his input... i owe him one.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
08-01-2012 11:31am