Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Adaptive Dynamics
Spiderman

RE: Adaptive Dynamics

Shocked

Cool

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 11:39am by Spiderman.)
12-10-2011 11:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Caveat Emptor Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-10-2011 11:26am
Spiderman

That's the one Very Happy

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 11:39am by Spiderman.)
12-10-2011 11:30am
Shadow2198

Sorry to jump onto this thread but it seems kind of relevant.

Just wondering what is so good about the Prestige that would stop people going for the Dynamic (if you want the SD4 that is)? I ask this because the SD4 for both is exactly the same price but on the Dynamic you get the more expensive wheels and AD as standard. I can't really see what the trade off is that makes the Prestige SD4 the same value (is the nicer interior of the Prestige worth the £450 20" wheels and £1,150 AD difference?)
22-10-2011 01:36am
berlin2011

It's all personal choice, if you have to ask the question then probably it is not worth the difference to you?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-10-2011 07:48am
mark_n

Leather interiors are expensive in terms of both labour and content and that compensates in the Prestige for lack of AD, the Dynamic body kit, the illuminated tread plates and the wheels. Also, if you buy a prestige, a standard metallic is a no cost option, so if you have a white Prestige, you are throwing away £550 of value.

The Dynamic Plus Pack adds £3000 to the build, so if you you think a leather interior and metallic cost £3500 in a Prestige, that probably matches the AD, the wheels, the metallic, the body kit extra cost, the treadplates etc of a Dynamic.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-10-2011 07:59am
hybris

Dynamic Plus is different sport chairs so no just leather. Dynamic Plus is overpriced with about £1000.

We don't get Adaptive Dynamic as standard over here. So the difference between dynamic and prestige is actually external vs internal extras here.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
22-10-2011 08:39am
berlin2011

(22-10-2011 08:39am)hybris Wrote:  We don't get Adaptive Dynamic as standard over here. So the difference between dynamic and prestige is actually external vs internal extras here.

Same here. I think actually most of ROW has AD as an option and not standard on any model. So the choice is vey different for the UK vs ROW.

My choice was Prestige vs Dynamic at exactly the same price with exactly the same spec (neither had AD, offered as an option on both at same price). So basically it was full leather interior and 8/6 way adjustable seats vs bodykit and 6/4 way adjustable seats. Loved the Dynamic but the interior won me over (and the Dynamic bodykit is a fairly easy aftermarket addition - wouldn't want to start thinking about the rattles introduced by trying to change the interior fittings)

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 09:07am by berlin2011.)
22-10-2011 09:06am
mark_n

Not clear to me how much extra cost is introduced by the Plus seats, the leathe will certainly dominate. Never looked at it, are the Plus seats 8/6 adjustable or the same 6/4? The lower level of adjustability in a Dynamic is only an issue if you can't get comfortable. Lack of height adjustment in the Dynamic passenger seat does smack of penny-pinching though.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-10-2011 09:13am
berlin2011

I believe the plus seats are 8/8 (i.e. the passenger has all the adjustment the driver has, basically adding tilt to passenger). I agree though the height adjustment is the big omission.

22-10-2011 09:37am