Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Adaptive Dynamics
Spiderman

RE: Adaptive Dynamics

You are absolutely spot on.

The Adaptive Dynamics are on 24/7 and the suspension monitors the road 1,000 times a second and adapts to the surface a max of 50 times a second, therefore this suspension gives a fantastic ride without any of the wallowness typically associated with LR & RR products, whilst making the ride incredibly comfortable and competent and if you press the button on the Terrain Responce to select the Advance Dynamics Dynamic Mode everything firms up, the engine is remapped, the steering weights up nicely and your Evoque will becmore a more focussed machine and turn itself into a 'real drivers' car and don't listen to any nonsense from anyone that it spoils the ride, is too firm etc as this is untrue, as its better than convensional spring or wishbone suspension & it handles the road and different surfaces with nothing less than utter brilliance!

As testament to this both myself and my wife chose AD for our two Evoques after we tried out the two types of suspension available on the Evoque & we have completely different styles and are definately very different drivers, I have been driving for 32 years, I have raced as well as instructed at a very high level so I like a well set up & focussed toy, my wife on the other hand has been driving for 17 years & likes an easy comfortable cruiser with more a relaxed nature, so go ahead & add it to your Evoques orders as you really won't regret having it folks, but, you just might regret not specifying it as it gives you 2 cars for the price of 1 and that's a very good bargain indeed!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 12:49am by Spiderman.)
21-09-2011 12:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(21-09-2011 12:46am)Spiderman Wrote:  You are absolutely spot on.

The Adaptive Dynamics are on 24/7 and the suspension monitors the road 1,000 times a second and adapts to the surface a max of 50 times a second, therefore this suspension gives a fantastic ride without any of the wallowness typically associated with LR & RR products, whilst making the ride incredibly comfortable and competent and if you press the button on the Terrain Responce to select the Advance Dynamics Dynamic Mode everything firms up, the engine is remapped, the steering weights up nicely and your Evoque will becmore a more focussed machine and turn itself into a 'real drivers' car and don't listen to any nonsense from anyone that it spoils the ride, is too firm etc as this is untrue, as its better than convensional spring or wishbone suspension & it handles the road and different surfaces with nothing less than utter brilliance!

As testament to this both myself and my wife chose AD for our two Evoques after we tried out the two types of suspension available on the Evoque & we have completely different styles and are definately very different drivers, I have been driving for 32 years, I have raced as well as instructed at a very high level so I like a well set up & focussed toy, my wife on the other hand has been driving for 17 years & likes an easy comfortable cruiser with more a relaxed nature, so go ahead & add it to your Evoques orders as you really won't regret having it folks, but, you just might regret not specifying it as it gives you 2 cars for the price of 1 and that's a very good bargain indeed!!!

Reding your report Spiderman, will change alot of minds, i think,...it would be nice to see how many would change their minds .... should we start a poll????

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
21-09-2011 01:38pm
j7david

Arrrgh... now I'm wondering if I should change my order from a Pure with 18" to a Dynamic with 19"!

Dealer says delivery would be probably delayed by about 2 months... Feb instead of Dec.
21-09-2011 01:45pm
jitenc

(21-09-2011 01:45pm)j7david Wrote:  Arrrgh... now I'm wondering if I should change my order from a Pure with 18" to a Dynamic with 19"!

Dealer says delivery would be probably delayed by about 2 months... Feb instead of Dec.

no harm in trying.... i am a BMW driver and am used to the hard sports suspension... even though i loved the spring ride of the non AD cars, i think it will be a matter of time that i will miss the road hugging ride of the sports car...your choice

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
21-09-2011 02:04pm
hybris

So I will add AD to my order. Really hope it will not affect delivery time... Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
21-09-2011 05:56pm
j7david

I was kinda thinking of changing from a Pure to a Dynamic based on the reviews of how good the Magneride is, so went to my dealer today to talk about it. He told me that there's very little difference in normal mode between the non-AD suspension and the AD, then offered that we go out on back-to-back test drives over the same route to see what I thought.

So, I'm just back from testing a Dynamic with 20" wheels and AD, and a Prestige with 19" wheels without AD.

I drove the Dynamic first, leaving it in 'normal' mode, and really liked the ride -- minimal/no body roll, bumps in road well-absorbed, and a hint of firmness, but not in a bad way.

I then drove the Prestige, really hoping it would be indistinguishable (to avoid having to consider paying £3k more and waiting 3 months longer to get the car) and almost immediately, kind-of unfortunately, noticed that it was a bit more 'wallowy' going round corners (at normal 40-60mph speeds) and it swayed a bit more when going over bumpy roads and potholes, as in it didn't have the instantaneous recovery to dead-flat that the Dynamic had.

So now I'm about 80%-decided to go ahead and change my order to a Dynamic (but probably stick with 19" alloys).

(I presume 19" is the "sensible" choice for wheels on a Dynamic if you have a mind like mine that thinks they look just as good as the 20" ones?)
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 01:16pm by j7david.)
26-09-2011 01:15pm
Spiderman

I hate to say I told you so, but, I told you so. Others will no doubt be glad to have anothers opinion though Very Happy

My next piece of advice is to stick to the 20" wheels as 19" have higher sidewalls so they will flex more and give a more wallowy ride, irrespective if you have AD fitted or not.

My initial hesitancy on whether I had specified correctly by the inclusion of AD on my Evoque was due to a Ferrari California I recently owned which had the previous generations AD fitted & it made that car very fidgety over anything other than billiard smooth roads when compared to a non AD California, conversely the AD set-up in the Ferrari 599 is sublime; same system BTW. So until I had driven both versions on the Evoque I was always left wondering if I had done the right thing by including AD as I still wanted a useable 4x4 as well as a one that provided me with excellent driving dynamics.

However, as you have just also confirmed an Evoque with AD fitted transforms the ride completely & is a must if you are seeking a great handling Evoque; as with it included you will have the best road handling LR product on the market currently IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, a non AD Evoque will still handle remarkably well & hold its own when compared to any other LR product (the only exception being the RRS) it's just the inclusion of AD raises the Evoque's handling way beyond comprehension against any past or current LR or RR product, this time the RRS is included, and having owned all of the latest generation FFRR, RRS & FL2 I feel I am suitably skilled to make this bold statement. It really is a terrific RR product and LR should be very proud of their achievement here!

As a footnote, after driving my current Dynamic Evoque around for the last week my wife decided to change her Prestige order, on 19" wheels, for my next Dynamic Evoque due Dec, and ordered as below, and when you bear in mind her Evoque needs are for a compliant 4x4 I can think of no better testament for the inclusion of the AD system in your Evoques, as it really will suit all kinds of drivers requirements and as its inclusion enables the vehicle to recover instantaneously, especially when the road surface gets rough or bouncy, it's not just there for the sportier driver to enjoy, it has it's place as it will also make it safer too! Now all I have to do is spec up yet another Evoque to replace the one she's just 'stolen' from me and hope that she doesn't steal this one also...perhaps I'll keep the colour combo a secret until it arrives this time!

(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 03:03pm by Spiderman.)
26-09-2011 02:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You will not regret the 20's on a car with magneride AD, don't forget the system was engineered for 20" wheel shod cars, and by your own admission you liked the ride on 20" wheels. Unlike my last RRS which had LR's trick Dynamic Response that was very good, it could be caught out on rough roads, the AD/Magenride fitted to the Dynamic Evoque doesn't get caught out on the same roads, it gets on with the job of absorbing the rough bits so you hear the wheel going over the rough stuff but don't feel it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 02:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2011 02:49pm
Spiderman

Agree with Tim's findings also.

26-09-2011 03:00pm
j7david

Done. Dynamic ordered. Find out tomorrow about dates (and if they'll do the Pano Roof at the old price).
26-09-2011 04:03pm