babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lorry load of Evoques delivered - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Lorry load of Evoques delivered (/Thread-Lorry-load-of-Evoques-delivered)

Lorry load of Evoques delivered - normangt - 24-02-2012 03:39pm

Just seen a lorry load of Evoques being delivered to Pentland, Edinburgh.

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - PAT - 24-02-2012 11:15pm

Hopefully the next batch of deliveries will have mine on it as despite the build date slipping 5 days to the 7th March, the delivery date remains the 19th

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - XFullFatTim - 24-02-2012 11:24pm

I drove passed Pentland's impressive new showroom at 1am today, almost getting caught by the average speed cams as I was too busy looking in their window as I drove down the slip road onto the motorway and didn't watch my speed! Most of the showroom lights were off and all you could see were the DRL's and fancy LEDs of all the 2012MY LR's and RR's in the gloom, very eye catching display at night.

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - BTS18 - 24-02-2012 11:25pm

I was talking to a dealership in Dorset today and they have 50 + Evoques ready for delivery on 1st March

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - lngrn36 - 25-02-2012 01:42am

Average speed cams? Man, y'all have got it bad. Has anyone tried this trick?

Average speed cam flaw

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - David-H. - 25-02-2012 01:45am

(24-02-2012 03:39pm)normangt Wrote:  Just seen a lorry load of Evoques being delivered to Pentland, Edinburgh.

Hopefully ours was included in this delivery.

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - XFullFatTim - 25-02-2012 10:13am

Tim - that issue of the newspaper is from 2006! You cannot now change lanes and avoid the fines as the powers that be now use a long boom or gantry over the road that has 3 SPECS cams on it if there are 3 lanes, 2 for two lanes etc etc................. and they don't just measure your speed, they can read you licence plate and check your car is tax paid and has some form of insurance now with the latest generation! It used to be that the only way to avoid a speeding fine was to have a motorbike as the cams cannot read their front plates, but now we even have cams that read the rear plate instead of the front one!

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - BTS18 - 25-02-2012 10:29am

I agree. If you try to avoid being caught just by switching lanes now, you will end up losing your licence.

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - David-H. - 26-02-2012 10:12pm

Well, our car didn't arrive at Pentland on Friday, but it did arrive on Saturday Tongue Out.

Went to see it today, primarily to see how it looked on the Style 6 alloys, rather than the Style 7 we ordered. I actually liked the look, but SWMBO still prefers the Shadow Chrome, so we've agreed that their bodyshop can do their stuff on the Style 6's.

I must admit that we've recently been thinking a little about spending over £40K on a car, and how we could have chucked the money into the mortgage, but seeing our car today banished any doubts.

Due to work commitments, we won't be picking the car up until 17th March, but after a near six month wait I'm sure this will pass quickly.

Cheers - David.

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered - THEMACS - 26-02-2012 10:18pm

(24-02-2012 11:25pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I was talking to a dealership in Dorset today and they have 50 + Evoques ready for delivery on 1st March

They are going to be common as muck before we even have sight of oursCrying